♧The Aftermath♧

Book One
🌬Air☁️

Chapter Seven
🌬The Aftermath☁️

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

[Tarrlok speaking]

Although the Hundred Year War has long passed, we are not living in a time of peace.
These revolutionaries who call themselves "Equalists" are not interested in equality at all. They just want to wage war against benders.

[Moves to a shot of the Bending Arena exploding.]
Chief Beifong was supposed to protect Republic City, but she was powerless to stop Amon's attack on the arena. She has failed us all. If we are to survive these dire times, our law enforcement needs new leadership.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

The episode opens to an overhead shot of the Pro-bending Arena. The glass dome is broken in places and construction scaffolding is in place around it. Some cars are parked near the entrance, which is blocked off by a police barricade. The view shifts to show Korra, who rides up on Naga to the entrance, jumps off, and ducks under the yellow tape. In their apartment, Mako puts a red shirt into a box.

Mako: I still can't believe they're shutting this place down.

Bolin: Yeah... We had some good memories here, didn't we?

Showing up in the picture was Korra running up the stairs excitedly to give the news to the two boys.

Korra: Guys! Great news. You don't have to go back on the streets. I talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with me!

Mako: Oh, we'd love to, but....

Finishing off Mako's sentence he reply happily.

Bolin: Asami already invited us to live in her dad's giant mansion!

Disappointed shown on Korra's face after hearing that Asami already gave them an offer first then her.

Bolin: From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us.

What she didn't know was that Asami was listening. Popping her head out greeting Korra as Pabu jumped out of her arms.

Asami: I was hoping you would stop by.