♤Beginnings: Part 2 of 2♤

Book Two:
Spirits

Chapter Seven:
Beginnings: Part 2

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Raava, Wan and Y/N see a group of humans burning down a forest for wood and approach the humans. Y/N looked around and smirked seeing the burned forest but shook her head and walked forward.

Settler: A spirit!

He was about to hurl the fireball at Raava until Wan deflected the attack.

Wan: Easy there, fellas. We're friendly.

Y/N raised her hands showing she meant no harm either. Just then, another man walked by the settler and was surprised to see Wan alive.

Jaya: I can't believe it. Wan?

Wan: Jaya! What are you doing out here?

Both hugged each other as Y/N looked around her, seeing everyone with firebending.

Y/N: Fools... but good fools if you ask me.

Jaya: So why were you protecting this spirit? And who's she? Your girlfriend?

Jaya speaking brought her attention back to them and raised her brow at the second to third question. Wan blushed at his question as he cleared his throat.

Wan: Right— well, this is Raava and she's Y/N. And no she's not my girlfriend.

Y/N: He wished I was.

Y/N winked at both men making both blush at her boldness.

Y/N: And don't worry, Raava, she's not like the dark spirits you've probably run into.

Jaya: Dark spirits? What's the difference? We throw fire at any spirit we see around here. Just like they attack any man.

Raava: You have no idea what you're doing. You're only making things worse.

Soon a different settler pointed out that spirits were coming back.

Jaya: Let's wipe 'em out this time! We'll burn down this whole forest if we have to!

Wan: What happened to you? When did you become so violent?

Jaya: You showed me we could change the world if we just stopped being so afraid. Now we're doing it.

Wan looked distraught whereas Y/N just laughed softly but darkly making both human and spirit turn to her.

Y/N: What were you expecting, Wan? With Vaatu running free he'll leave everyone alone?

Wan eyes widened hearing her speak so dark but yet so carefree. She stayed put. Wan wanted to speak but with two different people he cares about, he had to put it aside.

When he left Vaatu appeared on her shoulder watching the scene play by. He began to turn the spirits dark. Despite her current feelings she couldn't help but feel amazed at his creation.