♤The Southern Lights: Part 2♤

Book Two:
Spirits

Chapter Two:
The Southern Lights

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Cut to the scene where Unalaq said that the story he was about to do was not fake but real.

Unalaq: Haven’t you ever wondered how your father ended up in the South Pole? Why has he never taken you to visit his homeland in the North?

Tonraq: Unalaq, this is not the time.

Unalaq: You’re right. You should have told her a long time ago.

Korra: Told me what?!

Letting out a soft sigh he said he was banished from the North.

This surprised everyone, minus Y/N, even though he was shocked but he could or not relate to the man.

Korra: Why? What for?

Tonraq: Because I almost destroyed the entire tribe. {voice-over}Twenty years ago, I was a general in the Northern Water Tribe, sworn to protect my people.

Young Unalaq: Brother! We’re being attacked.

Tonraq gets upset and charges out, as the scene to a damaged Agna Qel’a, several plumes of smoke visible in the distance. The scene changes to inside the city, as the people attempt to defend themselves against the barbarians. One of the barbarians is hit from behind by a stream of water, revealed to be Tonraq, who has entered the city with two other water Tribe soldiers.

Tonraq bends water from a nearby river in preparation for a second attack.

The scene changes to outside the city, the barbarians in retreat, followed closely by Tonraq and his men.

Tonraq: *Voice-over* I drove them out of the city and deep into the frozen tundra.

Tonraq yells as he and his men chase the barbarians. Cut back to Unalaq, who watches his older brother leave from the entrance to the city. Cut back to Tonraq and his men, who have reached a large forest situated in the tundra.

Tonraq: *voice-over* We tracked them deep into an ancient forest. Many believed this forest was the home to spirits, and the barbarians retreated there because they thought we couldn’t attack them on such hallow grounds. They thought wrong.

{I’m going to skip the whole story. Sorry}

Tonraq: That’s when I came to the South and started a new life.

Bolin: Whoa, so you… were supposed to be chief, then he… became chief. No wonder you guys don’t like each other.

Mako then elbowed Boling, making a groan slightly from the pain.

Korra: I can’t believe you kept this from me.

Tonraq: I was protecting you from the shame I brought on the family.

Korra: Why did you keep hiding things from me and then telling me it’s for my own protection? I’m tired of you protecting me!

Y/N: Korra!

Turning to Y/N still feeling angry until she saw the look he was giving.

Y/N: Are you fucking kidding me! He was doing what was best!

Amane: And honestly, Y/N and I have done the same shit. We kept things hidden and yet you’re mad at him for that!

Y/N: You’re being ridiculous! You know what! I’m going for a walk!