♤The Southern Lights♤

Book Two:
Spirits

Chapter Two:
The Southern Lights

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
The Southern Water Tribe is under siege! When Avatar Korra was attacked by a dark spirit, Chief Unalaq was the only one able to stop it. So, Korra turned her back on Tenzin and chose Unalaq as her new spiritual mentor. Tenzin and his family left for a vacation at the Southern Air Temple, while Korra remained in the Water Tribe. Will she be able to restore balance between humans and spirits?
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

The camera pans down to reveal a shot of the Glacier Spirits festival. A dark spirit appears on a nearby cliff, and looks out over the festival. Cut to the camel yak stables, as Korra rides in on Naga, with Unalaq waiting for her. Korra dismounts Naga and approaches her uncle.

Unalaq: You’re early

Unalaq said but noticed that a familiar black-haired male wasn’t with her this time. But somehow this made him a bit more at ease.

Korra: What can I say? I’m pumped up to learn that Unalaq spirit fighting.

Unalaq: I’m not here to teach you to fight spirits, I’m here to help you begin your spiritual training. We’re going to one of the most remote places in the world, the long neglected spiritual center of your tribe, the South Pole.

Surprised at the information she faced Unalaq once again.

Korra: You’re going to train me at the South Pole?

Unalaq: We will do more than just train. By neglecting the spirits, the people of the South have brought darkness upon themselves, and now it threatens to destroy our tribe. We must set things right. The Southern Water Tribe depends on you.

Feeling the pressure but feeling enthusiastic about the adventure she agreed to it.

Korra: A dangerous trip to the South Pole? Count me in! I know Y/N would definitely like this.

●●●

The scene changes to a shot of the Southern Air Temple, which comes into focus through the clouds. Oogi flies  into shot heading for the temple. With Tenzin and his family riding on him.

Tenzin: There it is, the Southern Air Temple. Isn’t it magnificent?

The scene changes again as two Air Acolytes were sweeping and the others feeding lemurs on the floor. Noticing the flying bison landing another Air Acolytes and two others behind him carrying a large case.

Shung: Master Tenzin, welcome!

Tenzin: Good to see you again, Abbot Shung.

As he and Pema bowed to the bald shaved men.

Shung: Is there anything you need? Water? Dandelion greens? Ahh, perhaps you’d like to recenter yourself by meditating in the gardens?

Feeling too much, Tenzin declined any offers or ideas that Abbot was giving to him or Pema.

Shung: And you must be the honorable Pema! Please accept these gifts.

Shung turns and reaches into the large case that was brought and pulls out an odd contraption, which he hands to Tenzin. As he held it he looked at it with confusion and gave an awkward thanks to the shaved man.

Then he gave a large bouquet of flowers to Pema blocking her view from the front.

In the same reaction as Tenzin she gave an unsure response of thanks to the man as he only thanked her for being the mother of the next generation of airbenders into the world.