Chapter 47.1- Reunion

Once Wang'er had finished speaking, she did not spare Qin'er even a glance. She said to the slaves who were embarrassed and at a complete loss, "Now that you've met Master, we will go outside and I will briefly mention the rules and protocol. Tonight, there will be a banquet. You will have to attend and serve."  

Before Qi Yunruo had stepped foot outside, he glanced at the woman whose face glowed red from anger. And his hate for that woman grew. However, Princess Changping was as calm as prior. Not a hint of turbulent emotions at all.  

Qing'er received a lot of favor from Eldest Prince, Bo Ge. She gave birth to his third son, fifth son, and sixth daughter. Her status was different from those of others. After seeing the princess arrive and Bo Ge placing so much importance on her, she had long since been on alert. Ever since she had arrived in the Qiang lands, the princess was no longer her master. In the future, they would share the same man. If one desired to live a good life, one must climb one's way up. These past few years, many people had curried favor with her.

Qin'er loathed her past as a slave. Princess Changping's appearance threw her back into that state. She was in a hurry to prove she was a master in Eldest Prince Bo Ge's residence. That she wasn't worse than anyone. Although Princess Changping's identity was more distinguished than hers, Qin'er saw the princess as merely a concubine. If this news was spread in Great Kang, wouldn't the princess be scolded to death? Hmph!  

Wang'er said, "Those Qiang people don't understand propriety, but it doesn't matter. Tonight, a prince from our Great State of Kang will arrive. You will have to serve the dishes and pour alcohol. Make sure to lower your heads and not look at the masters. Remember these two things first. Other than that, make sure you are quiet. After fulfilling your duties, retreat. This should be good enough."    

Wang'er looked at Zhou Liang, this boy. She pulled him aside and sighed. "How old are you?"  

Zhou Liang looked at Qi Yunruo for help, and Qi Yunruo flashed him a smile. Zhou Liang lowered his head and said, "I am thirteen this year."  

Furrowing her brows, Wang'er said, "How can you work properly at such a young age?"  

Zhou Liang blurted, "Sister, I can work and I don't eat much."  

"Pfft! Why are you so scared? I'm not going to sell you. How about this? Tonight you can deliver the dirty dishes and eating utensils at the back to the kitchen. Don't rush around at the banquet."  

Wang'er separated the boys from the girls and informed them of their duty one at a time. She adjusted each of their postures and movements. When she reached the person next to Qi Yunruo, Qi Yunruo was absentmindedly washing teacups.    

He was caught in a daze again. Heart unable to calm. It had been a rough ride to get here, but he still found the road ahead boundless and obscure. Would he be able to see the prince? After they met...

"If you're done washing them, then bring them out," said Wang'er.  

Following a moment of staring blankly, Qi Yunruo smiled. "I understand."  

Sui Yu and Qi Yunruo arranged the tea cups together as they chatted. Sui Yu said, "After we deliver the dishes, we will return quickly to the back. They said we cannot listen as the masters speak."    

Qi Yunruo calculated how he could see the prince. Nodded to show he understood. Once they had completed their tasks, a few boys came together to talk. Most of them were from Xinyuan Country. It was only because they were of Han descent that Bo Ge had purchased them. They did not revere the princess of Great Kang. They only felt that the princess was benevolent and would not treat them too poorly.