Chapter 62.2

Trigger Warning: Non-graphic sexual assault and attempted r*pe.

Many days had passed since that previous affair. And Li Chen had not taken one step into Winter Plum Courtyard since then. He had already dealt with Tertiary Consort Li, yet had not done anything to the princess consort.

Today, things had been very busy at the Ministry of Revenue. By the time Li Chen had returned to the estate, it was already the evening.

Qi Yunruo said, "It seems like Princess Consort wants to share the evening meal with you." He helped Li Chen change clothes. "Your honored self doesn't need to come back here for dinner. I will eat by myself."

Li Chen pinched his cheek. Dismissed the maidservants. Then he leaned close to his ear and said, "You're not jealous?"

"What are you saying?!" Red painted Qi Yunruo's cheeks. He gently pushed Li Chen toward the outside. "Your Highness, no matter what Princess Consort says, your honored self mustn't get angry."

"Why would I be angry?" Li Chen adjusted his belt. Lightly patted his cheeks. "You can go eat with the two children."

"Ay, okay."

With a kiss and a smile, Li Chen finally stepped foot out of the room.

Qi Yunruo stood there still for a moment. Rubbed at his cheeks. Then he shook his head hard. He left the door, instructing the servants to bring the dishes into the room, and to tell Jing'er and Yan'er to come and eat together.

Although Li Chen told Qi Yunruo he wouldn't get angry, he still would. As a result, he did not bring any attendants with him on his way to Winter Plum Courtyard. After all, she was the princess consort. He had to give some face. And he reached her residence alone.

The meal was already set up at Qi Niqun's side. At the front doors, she curtsied. "This concubine pays respects to Your Highness."

Nodding, Li Chen said, "Princess Consort may rise."

Qi Niqun did so, smiling in a gentle manner. She personally invited Li Chen to sit. He noticed that she wore a plain dress, and had on elegant and light makeup. Her hair was arranged in a lily bun, with three small and exquisite hairpins. Qi Niqun handed him a cup. "Your Highness, here."

"Sit down. Just have the servants do something like this."

Qi Niqun took a seat by Li Chen's side. She took the initiative to toast him. "This first cup is this concubine's humble apology toward Your Highness. This concubine was negligent toward Yan'er and caused her to be wronged. Such is this concubine's fault."

Li Chen drank the whole cup.

Qi Niqun started another toast. "The second cup is to continue to accept my wrongs. That day, this concubine had spoken irresponsibly and did not repent. Furthermore, this concubine had harmed Third Brother. May Your Highness please forgive me."

This time, Li Chen hesitated. But he still drank the whole cup in the end.

"The third cup is to show respect for Your Highness. We are husband and wife, yet we fall into conflict time and time again. Attending to Your Highness is this concubine's duty. This cup is in hopes that we will repair our relationship."

Li Chen picked up the cup, slowly drinking it.

A smile bloomed on Qi Niqun's lips. She officially invited him to partake in their meals, and a while later, she left the room. Liufang was waiting for her outside, holding a bowl of medicine. Furrowing her brows, Qi Niqun raised it and drank it in one gulp. Some of the black medicine trickled down her lips. Expressionless, she wiped her lips clean. "Has it been prepared?"