Chapter 64.2

The next day, Qi Yunying paid a visit to Prince Chun’s estate. Qi Yunruo naturally accompanied him. The countess had ordered him again and again to watch over Qi Niqun. And furthermore, “give something that cheap spawn can complain about.”

Qi Yunruo invited Qi Yunying to Lakeside View House, and found some guards he was familiar with to accompany his brother. Qu Qing had yet to return from the northwest. As such, Fang Ge was the leader of the estate guards at the moment. After their meal, Qi Yunying asked about Qi Niqun’s situation.    

To which Qi Yunruo replied, “I’ll bring you for a look, alright? Maybe Princess Consort would see you. Naturally, the words from her own mouth are more trustworthy than mine.”  

Qi Yunying nodded. However, when they were in front of Winter Plum Courtyard’s doors, the maidservant Liuling said, “Her Highness Princess Consort said she’s unwilling to meet with Second Young Master. May Second Young Master relay this to Mistress. Just say that Her Highness Princess Consort is fine, and that she merely wants to be alone these days. After a short period, she will come to pay respects to her parents.”   

Winter Plum Courtyard had punished some of its servants. In the past, Liuling would not step foot outside, but now she had been promoted. Unaware of this, Qi Yunying only nodded. “Alright.”  

After they walked for a bit, Qi Yunruo said, “How about I take you to see the two princesses? You’re their uncle. Once you meet them, you’ll have something to tell the countess when you’re home.”  

Qi Yunying nodded. However, when they were in front of Drawing Brows Courtyard, he couldn’t help but ask, “Just how is Princess Consort?” It wasn’t as if he were suspicious of Qi Yunruo. Rather, he couldn’t report back to the count and countess after merely hearing the words of a maidservant.  

Qi Yunruo said, “I can only say this: Princess Consort did not look after Eldest Young Miss properly. Thus, His Highness thought she was mistreating her. Afterward, His Highness and Princess Consort had a dispute… Princess Consort voluntarily repented and is unwilling to leave her residence.”   

Qi Yunying did not know how much of these words he should believe. Second Young Miss, Chu’er, did not recognize him. Neither did she recognize Qi Yunruo. One of her older female servants pointed to Qi Yunying and said, “This is your Second Uncle.”  

Chu’er blinked and looked at him. In a childish voice, she said, “Second Uncle.”  

A smile spread across Qi Yunying’s lips. However, he had not brought any first-meeting gifts suitable for children. A bit apologetic, he dropped to a crouch so that he and the little girl were at eye level. “Uncle will bring your gifts the next time I visit.”  

The world of a child was the most simple. Chu’er was a bit older than two years, and was still ignorant of the mutual deception and treacherous ways of the real world. She grew up under the accompaniment of older female servants and servant girls. Now that she had suddenly been separated from her mother, she adapted well. She even very curiously looked at the beautiful Qi Yunruo. Qi Yunruo was very fond of little children. As such, Chu’er’s gaze caused his heart to soften.  

After Qi Yunruo and Qi Yunying left Chu’ers place, a light sigh escaped Qi Yunying’s lips. “I finally have enough information to return home.”  

Qi Yunruo nodded. Then Qi Yunying hesitated for a good while before saying, “Did you know? Because you returned from the palace safe and sound, many high-ranking officials prepared to present a petition together asking the emperor to choose a crown prince.”  

Qi Yunruo was unaware of this. However, he had guessed it, and as such wasn’t very surprised.

“It’s not a good time for this,” said Qi Yunying.