Chapter 62.1- A Beautiful Woman

Never had Tertiary Consort Li imagined things would blow up this big. When the prince had carried Yan'er out of Winter Plum Courtyard, her heart rose. Afterward, she couldn't feel happy anymore. For Li Chen still had not summoned her over. Furthermore, she did not hear any news about the prince intending to move Yan'er to her residence.  

The next day, Feicui was dragged to the inner courtyard to be paddled. After she was beaten bloody, she was dragged out, and Tertiary Consort Li was frightened pale. Since the front doors to Winter Plum Courtyard were shut tightly, she made her way to Yulan Magnolia Courtyard. There, Consort Wei was drinking tea in a leisurely and comfortable manner.

Tertiary Consort Li rushed toward her. "Elder Sister, what should I do? It seems His Highness knows everything now..."

Consort Wei said with indifference, "Oh? What does His Highness know?"

In a flash, Tertiary Consort Li fell into a daze. "Elder Sister..."

"Speaking of Eldest Miss, she indeed is pitiful. Her foster mother doesn't pity her and her birth mother isn't a compassionate person. Thankfully, from now on His Highness will take pity on Eldest Miss and personally bring her up. Such a thing could be considered fortunate."

Anxious, Tertiary Consort Li said, "Consort Wei, this is the plan you crafted for me!"

Consort We furrowed her brows. "Did I force you to give Eldest Miss dirty things to eat? Did I force Eldest Miss to get sick like this? Younger Sister Li, you should be worrying about yourself right now. That servant girl is still alive, and you are the birth mother of Eldest Miss. Not to mention, His Highness has long since disliked you. At most, you will be put on house arrest... However, if you carelessly run your mouth like Princess Consort, I'm afraid you won't have a good conclusion."

Tertiary Consort Li did not know how recklessly the princess consort had spoken. At present, Consort Wei's words frightened her. For a moment, she did not know what to do.

Consort Wei said, "It's better if you don't keep walking around outside. Otherwise, you might offend His Highness again."

Tertiary Consort Li muttered, "If His Highness really puts me on house arrest..."

A smile spread across Consort Wei's lips. "Although a daughter the prince personally brings up can't be considered a Princess of the First Rank, her identity won't lose out to those of Second Miss and Third Miss. Younger Sister can be considered to have benefitted from a setback."

Absentminded, Tertiary Consort Li returned to her residence. And Consort Wei laughed grimly. What a fool. However, her goal had been achieved. And it was even better than she had expected. Originally, Consort Wei wanted to make the prince unhappy with the princess consort due to her unsatisfactory supervision of an illegitimate daughter. Who would have expected the princess consort to make a huge uproar in Winter Plum Courtyard? The prince almost hit her too... Consort Wei practically couldn't be more satisfied. Currently in the prince estate, the princess consort had suffered a sudden and devastating decline. She didn't have a son either. Not to mention, Consort Ji was an idiot, unable to make any big waves. Better yet, Qi Yunruo was a man...

The smile on Consort Wei's lips was incomparable in its joy. In this life, she must become the prince's main consort! Even if she did not have that man's favor! Even if it was merely by name, she still wanted to become the main consort, the princess consort, the empress!

Within the prince estate, Tertiary Consort Li grew completely silent, so much so that she seemed to vanish; deep in the inner courtyard, a small Buddhist temple was built. Li Chen hated her more than he hated that servant girl. No matter the reason, a mother must not harm her own child. This was Li Chen's bottom line. The thing he couldn't tolerate the most. But what he hated the most was this: since this woman was the mother of his child, he could not kill her. He could only make it so that he would never see her again, and that she would never see Yan'er again.