Chapter 69.1- Crown Prince

After a moment of silence, Li Chen said, "Speaking of which, it's because Cheng Wenjie and I have a good relationship that other people want to go through him to harm me. Cheng Lingjun's crime isn't worthy of death, so when the Cheng family comes tomorrow, go and meet with them."  

Qi Yunruo nodded. After a moment, he thought of something and said with difficulty, "These days, Second Young Miss has been feeling tired. Several imperial physicians have examined her and said she was fine. Such a young child shouldn't be eating medicine. What does your honored self think we should do?"  

The second young miss was over two years old. Although she wasn't close with her mother, she saw her mother on the days of her sickbed, when the young girl was supposed to serve her. After that, they couldn't hide the funeral arrangements in the crown prince estate from her anymore. Whether it was because she was too exhausted or heartbroken, such a small child couldn't bear it any longer. Li Chen stood. "I'll go have a look at her."  

Second Young Miss Chu'er was originally a lively and adorable girl. But recently, she had a sickly complexion and didn't want to go outside. The weather was great these days, and the flowers of Drawing Brows Courtyard were in magnificent bloom. Her younger sister had just learned how to walk and pleaded for the older female servants to take her outside and pluck the flowers. Yet, Chu'er would rather stay inside.  

Qi Niqun had good looks, so her daughter was also beautiful. But after a few months, Chu'er had grown one size thinner. Qi Yunruo looked all around and felt that although the residence was large enough, and there were enough servants, she was without the accompaniment of her parents. Second Young Miss' identity was noble. Other people did not know how to relieve her of her heavy emotions. As such, she had come to this state.  

Lying in bed, Chu'er said in tears, "Father..."  

Li Chen smiled. Reached out to wipe the tears from his daughter's face. "Why don't you accompany your younger sister to play?"  

Choking with sobs, Chu'er said, "Father... I... I don't want to go outside..."   

Li Chen's heart pulsed with pain. However, he did not show it on his face. He reached out and pulled his second daughter into his arms. Cradled her and rocked her lightly. "Can you hear? Your younger sister is laughing so happily."  

Chu'er said, "Father, is Mother... never going to see Chu'er again...?"  

A light sigh left Li Chen's lips. "Yes."  

She sobbed lightly, little body pressed against Li Chen's bosom, trembling. Li Chen patted her back. In a soft voice, he said, "But Father is still here. Father can accompany you..." He glanced at Qi Yunruo, and Qi Yunruo said, "I'll go and tell Yan'er's servant girls to prepare so that she can sleep with Chu'er and Ying'er tonight."  

Li Chen nodded. However, Qi Yunruo discovered that when Chu'er turned her head to look at him, her gaze was highly on guard.  

The next day, Qi Yunruo went to Lakeside View House to wait for the Cheng family. A while later, a eunuch arrived with a report: The Cheng family's Young Mistress had arrived.    

"It's Qi Danxia..." Qi Yunruo felt somewhat surprised. But a moment later, realization struck him. Cheng Lingjun was Cheng Wenjie's only son. In this kind of situation, Cheng Wenjie should not personally come. Despite this, sending a steward would be too disrespectful for the crown prince estate. The most suitable method was to use the excuse of their daughter-in-law meeting with her elder brother. 

It had been a long time since Qi Yunruo had last seen Qi Danxia. Back then, she had just gotten married, and her face was still full of the rosiness of pride. Not to mention, she had worn fine attire. She had always had a graceful figure. Charming eyes. When Qi Danxia had accidentally exposed her nails from her sleeves, they had been painted dark red. Now that Qi Danxia was here again, her face already seemed anxious and mournful, despite belonging to a nineteen-year-old young woman.