Chapter 56- The Si Estate

Qi Yunruo’s whole body went rigid. He gritted his teeth and said, “Just you? You don’t have the qualifications to ask for the name of I, your father.”  

A military officer next to Su Yuan found Qi Yunruo akin to a sheep in wolf’s clothing. Up until now, he used intimidating speech but never clarified his identity. He couldn’t help but sneer. “You truly don’t want face. You actually say such stupid things in front of Deputy General Su, and even dared to hit Deputy General. Brothers, let’s go. I want to see which family’s son has such a large ability.”  

Su Yuan rubbed his nose. Laughed evilly. “Don’t hit his face. Too bad he has such a nice body.”  

Qi Yunruo’s pupils dilated, when a woman said behind him, “Isn’t this Young Master Li? Why did you lower yourself to come here today?”  

At once, Qi Yunruo flipped around. And he caught sight of Rong Sanniang, two little servant girls in tow. Body beautiful, slender, and graceful. Her prepossessing eyes trained on Qi Yunruo, before moving to look at Su Yuan. “Deputy General Su, why have you yet to leave?”   

Su Yuan shifted his to Qi Yunruo. Frowned. He had the surname of Li? If he did, then that was a big issue. The Li clan had produced emperors for five generations, gradually spreading their roots. Although not everyone who had a surname of Li were imperial clan members, those who could still act so arrogantly in the capital were few. This young man had been dressed finely whenever Su Yuan saw him, including during his time in the army. He was smooth-skinned all over, as though raised in luxury. He certainly wasn’t someone from a poor family.

Furthermore, there was what Rong Sanniang had said. She was the madam of the largest brothel in the capital, Zhiya House. She wouldn’t give face to just anyone. In the capital, Zhiya House had been unshakeable at the top for decades. Reportedly, they had a powerful backing.

Qi Yunruo composed himself. Continued to glare at Su Yuan with a fierce expression.  

Su Yuan came to grief at the fact he didn’t have much connections with the imperial clan members. Who knew which Prince of the Second rank or other imperial clan member this young noble had as a father?

Qi Yunruo stood with his hands clasped behind his back, his disdainful gaze remaining on Su Yuan.

Snorting coldly, Su Yuan said, “The green mountains will not change; the crystal-clear water will flow forever. We will meet again someday!”  

“Next time we meet, we’ll have a good talk,” said Qi Yunruo, indifference lacing his words.  

A smile blossomed on Rong Sanniang’s lips. “You are all guests. Next time you come to Zhiya House, this one will arrange for a few intimate young ladies to accompany you. What misunderstandings cannot be solved?”  

Su Yuan and the others were still on duty in the Western Mountain Camp. Every ten days, they would have one day of rest, and they would come to the capital to unwind. If someone discovered that they had caused trouble, it wouldn’t be good. Su Yuan said, “We’re leaving!”   

The crowd of people went forward with great strength and vigor. A drawn-out sigh left Qi Yunruo’s lips. Rong Sanniang watched as those people moved far away. Frowned. “Why did you provoke those scoundrels?”  

Still frightened and doubtful, Qi Yunruo followed Rong Sanniang into Zhiya House and rested in a quiet room. Rong Sanniang personally poured tea for him. After Qi Yunruo received the cup, he said, “Thank you.”    

Just a while ago, Rong Sanniang had left the building after hearing some noise outside. She had listened to their words for a moment, but did not know Qi Yunruo had provoked those people to avoid his pursuers. Expression full of worry, she said, “Deputy General Su Yuan is currently in the limelight. He’s not a very approachable person.”