Chapter 69.2

Qi Yunruo had people send his sister out. After he had watched her leave, he returned to Ink Lotus Courtyard and told Li Chen what he and Qi Danxia had discussed.  

Li Chen nodded and said, "Indeed, he can be released. I've met Cheng Lingjun in the past. He doesn't have the courage to conspire with our enemies. He merely has the typical preferences of a scholar. Likes delicate women yet looks down on them. He finds women useless." Following that, Li Chen wrote a short note for Qi Yunruo. "He should remember this lesson for the rest of his life."   

Qi Yunruo smiled. "Pri-Crown Prince, Mister Ouyang is still in Jiangnan right now. Should we tell him to investigate where Prince Jing hid the money he stole?"   

Li Chen's expression darkened. He closed his eyes in thought. "Prince Jing has many arrangements inside and outside the capital. It's not just Jiangnan. He has people in other places."  

"Then what should we do?"  

With an air of indifference, Li Chen said, "Currently, I'm not lacking in time. Let's do this slowly. Investigate one place after the other."  

Before Qi Niqun fell ill, she had relaxed her control over the inner courtyard. As such, Qi Yunruo had no choice but to manage the inner courtyard until now. After Qi Niqun passed away, he hesitated on whether he should mention adding people to help him manage the inner courtyard.    

He also slightly worried over whether the emperor would choose a new crown princess for the crown prince estate.  

After Li Chen heard his words, he found it funny. "Even if the emperor wants to bestow me a marriage, he has to wait one year until my mourning period is over..." He saw that Qi Yunruo's expression looked poor, and understood what he was worrying about. He pulled him into his arms. "Don't worry. I won't remarry."

Qi Yunruo said in a muffled voice, "But if the emperor insists on you marrying a principal consort, what's to be done...?"  

Li Chen fell silent for a moment. Then leaned over and said a few words into his ear.  

"Really?!" Qi Yunruo's eyes widened.  

Li Chen said, "Mm... Basically..." Li Chen's expression seemed normal. However, the more Qi Yunruo thought of it, the heavier his concerns grew.  

Li Chen looked at him. Reached out to pinch his face. Out of reflex, Qi Yunruo swatted his hand away. Once he realized what he had done, he fell into a daze. Then he carefully raised his head to peek at Li Chen's reaction. But Qi Yunruo's action amused Li Chen. He once again reached out, and pretended to be angry. "You truly are courageous, actually daring to act on the crown prince."

Qi Yunruo said, "Why aren't you worried?!" 

"Things have already reached this point. That's why I'm not worrying anymore."  

Silent, Qi Yunruo sat at the side. The word "father" made him feel very complicated. From his childhood, when he had looked forward to seeing him and revered him, to his time as a young man, when his hopes had shattered, Qi Yunruo considered Count Ziyang, Qi Suxiao, as a stranger. Later on, when his mother's and his grudges unfolded, Qi Yunruo grew to hate him. Now, he no longer wanted to waste energy on other people. And as before, he regarded Count Ziyang as a stranger.  

But what about the prince? Perhaps there truly was not much affection in the imperial clan. The emperor had so many sons. In the current year and the next year, there would be many princes reaching fifteen years old, able to leave the palace, be conferred the position of first-ranked prince, and establish their own estate. His youngest son was two years old, and he also had countless daughters...