Chapter 61.1- Lychee

In long, brisk strides, Li Chen approached Yan'er. Qi Yunruo also followed him in a rush, the previously kneeling and sobbing servant girl, Feicui, leading the two. Helplessly, Qi Niqun watched as they left. Then she said with anger, "What's going on?"  

Liufang's expression proved somewhat in a panic. As she looked outside, she said, "It looks like something happened to Eldest Miss."  

"Truly a little slut." Qi Niqun's gaze was very vicious. "Other than causing trouble for me, what use is she?!"  

All of a sudden, Liufang trembled. She lowered her head, too afraid to look her in the face.  

Yan'er was living in the three-room suite Qi Yunruo had stayed in before. As soon as Li Chen stepped foot within, he smelled a faintly discernible foul odor mixed with spices. Such a smell made others nauseous. The fire in Li Chen's heart grew stronger. In a few steps, he entered his eldest daughter's bedroom. Saw Yan'er with her small yellow face lying in bed, with vomit on the side of her pillow. Frowning, Qi Yunruo said, "Hurry and carry Eldest Miss outside!"

Sobbing, Feicui said, "This slave doesn't know where to carry Eldest Miss to."  

Li Chen bent his body and picked up Yan'er, hugging him in his arms. His expression proved dark to the extreme. A three-year-old girl was actually this light! Li Chen carried Yan'er all the way out of Winter Plum Courtyard.

Qi Yunruo took off his outer robe and draped it over Yan'er's body. Li Chen's gaze was pointed straight ahead, as if he did not see the Qi Niqun who had rushed outside. Qi Yunruo said to the servants by his side, "Hurry and summon an imperial physician." 

Starting from last night, Yan'er had thrown up and had diarrhea. She did not own enough clothes. Now, her pants were soiled. Li Chen placed her onto his own bed. Luxuan and a few others quickly used handkerchiefs soaked in hot water to wipe her clean.

Then Li Chen stepped outside and slapped Feicui hard on the face, sending her to the ground. On her cheek was a red mark.  

"Speak! How did this happen?!"  

Qi Yunruo pushed Li Chen down on a seat. "Your Highness, you mustn't worry or grow angry. Tell her to slowly explain..." he said as near his ear as he bent his body toward him. He continued to stroke his chest to calm him.

Qi Yunruo knew that in recent times, there was something bothering the prince that he kept suppressing in his heart. And now that he came across what had happened to Eldest Miss, everything burst out at once.  

Trembling, Feicui said, "The lychee that had entered the estate was divided, with a large basket given to Winter Plum Courtyard. Princess Consort ate a few and gave Second Young Miss a plate. Then she conferred some to the secondary consorts and their first-ranked maids... Eldest Miss really wanted to taste some. But this slave did not have the power to do anything.

"At noon, this slave went to Second Young Miss' place, and saw that she did not eat much of her lychees. So this slave secretly took a few for Eldest Miss. Who would have known that during the night, Eldest Miss would say her stomach hurt, using the outhouse a few times. She even threw up the water she drank. This slave went to beg for help from the higher-ranked maids, begged them to tell Princess Consort. But..."  

Li Chen stayed silent for a long while. Qi Yunruo sensed his anger skyrocketing, and he grew flustered, kneeling before him. He implored, "Your Highness, you mustn't be angry. Please don't be angry. The imperial physician will arrive soon. Eldest Miss will be fine."  

Looking ahead, Li Chen grunted.  

Once the imperial physician had rushed over, he quickly made his way into the bedroom and examined Yan'er. Then he asked Feicui about yesterday's events. After that, he left the bedroom. "Eldest Miss' stomach and spleen are in disharmony. Presently, the weather is starting to grow warmer. Lychee ought to be kept cold. Children have weak stomachs and spleens, so cannot bear to eat lychee that hasn't been. This humble official will prescribe medicine that will warm and nourish the body. Right now, Eldest Miss must not eat anything. She also cannot drink too much water. Just moistening the lips and throat is enough. Once Eldest Miss feels hungry, she can eat a bowl of rice congee."