145] Many Threads

彼らの友人のために、未来のために!

{To the capital, quick... We have to stop my brother!!}

"You get it? We must act before Norman kills the nobles. I mean, of course we have to stop the genocide of the townspeople too... But if the queen and the nobles die, it's all over. Their whole social system will implode. We'll have no one to negotiate with." Ray explained.

"What does that mean?" Theo asked.

"It means if that happens we'll lose our chance at peace... There would be no way to prevent war and chaos." Emma explained.

"We have until this Tifari ceremony, when the nobles gather at the capital. That guy will never miss such a chance... My brother's priority is probably to exterminate the demon's leadership... To kill all the nobles and the queen. Whatever happens, we have to... Make it in time to stop my brother from doing that." I told Emma.

"Your? You mean our." Ray corrected me.

"No, actually, Norman and I are blood-siblings." I confirmed, he seemed shock, everyone else was too.

"Really?!" Alicia asked excitedly.

"Yes, I have yet to tell him, though." I said.

"Enough of that. How long does it take to get there?" Emma asked.

"Normally, around 5 days." Ray answered.

"But what if we ignored all the risks and hurried along the shortest paths?" I asked.

"3 days. At our pace... We can make it!" Ray said.

"Sorry, but... Today's already November 7th... In the afternoon. It's really only two and a half days until the tifari, isn't it?" Anna stated.

"Even if we give it our all... There's no time!" Lanion added.

"I mean, won't we reach them right in the middle of battle? Isn't that kinda awful?!" Thoma said.

"And Emma and Y/n has barely even come back... Ray, too, has only had 3 hours..." Nat informed us.

"RAY!! EMMA!! Y/N!! LOOK WHAT WE GOT!" Yvette called, she showed us the Grandvalley kids on horses.

"Get on!" Oliver instructed. Emma got on behind Oliver, Ray on the same horse as Zack meanwhile I rode with Gillian.

"You can all ride horses...?" Emma asked as we rushed through the forests with these horses.

"Did you think we'd just fool around doing nothing while you were risking your neck at the Seven walls?" Nigel questioned.

"Its not like we became experts or a thing, but..." Gillian paused.

"But... Are you really OK with this? What about you, Gillian? You opposed the idea of helping the demons..." I told her.

She had slowly turned her eyes to the her ground, "That's right... I'd still kill them, no doubt. I'll kill any enemy who threatens my friends. My family. But... I want to help you, Y/n. I want to save Norman, too."

"Enough talking, everybody! Time to let these babies fly! Now us four-plus our horse friends will bring you post-haste... To the capital! To Norman!" Oliver instructed as we made our way there on the horses.

Days/hours to finish: 1 day
Word count: 514