153] Coward

この会議は空虚に感じます...

"Norman..." Emma gasped.

"Emma... Ray... Y/n... I'm so glad. All three of you made it back unharmed. It's a shame though. You were just a little hit too late." Norman stated. "Looks like you couldn't make it in time... Emma."

"All of them..." I muttered.

"Have been killed." Norman answered proudly, "They killed each other. They're all dead how. The queen, the nobles, the Giran clan. All of them."

I glanced at Emma, seeing her face it seems like she was going to be a sore loser about this.

"Norman! Y/n forged a promise... Everybody can escape to the human world! You don't need to fight anymore... Hey, starting now, let's stop with the "extinction"." Emma tried persuading him.

"Its already too late. It's impossible now, Emma. The monarchy has collapsed. A monarchy that lasted for thousands of years. Governance by the demons is impossible for them. Iveri was the last one, and I killed him myself. We've put a lethal fissure in the demon society of this world. A fissure that they can't come back from. The only thing left to do now is to... Shatter it. All of the demons will die out. There's just one more push left until their extinction. We can't go back now. We have no choice but to wipe them out. Don't get in the way." Norman warned us.

"No way!" Emma yelled.

"Huh?!"

"I don't get the point of war and Slaughter! I don't want to wipe them out... There's no way I'm going to let you be even more of a murdere!!!" Emma added.

"Emma..."

"We'll find a way." I decided to join in for more chaos, Norman looked shock at my decision of joining in with Emma, "It'll be tough, but let's think it through. No matter how hard it gets, we can't give up. It's never too late!!!"

"Y/n... Emma..." Norman grumbled.

"I... I've decided. I won't let you sacrifice yourself again. I won't let you go at things alone." Emma told him.

"... What are you talking about? Didn't I tell you that I'm not going anywhere?" Norman asked her.

"You're a liar though. I can't trust you!! You can't keep fooling me! I'm not an idiot. Don't underestimate the family you grew up with. We can see through all of your tricks! You never replied back then. It must be so painful. Because you're so smart, you choose the reliable path. Because you're so kind, you shoulder the burden for everyone. I don't think toy want to wipe them out. I don't think you truly want to Slaughter them. You shouldn't lie to yourself Norman. Let's talk it all out. What are you hiding? What are you so afraid of?" Emma questioned as she walked towards him.

"Afraid?" Norman replied, with a cocky smile.

"The Norman in front of me now... Looks like a scared, trembling child." Emma said, Emma knew most about all of us. That's just how much she pays attention to us.

"Don't come any closer. I've come this far I have no intention of turning back now." Norman told her.

"No way!" Emma yelled.

"We won't let you go this time!!!" I added as I walked in just behind Emma.

Emma grabbed hold of his hands, "You're stronger, and more kind than anyone else. But you're just as cowardly and arrogant. You're not alone anymore. Don't be afraid to believe in us." Emma told him.

"Let us share the tough things, the painful things, and the scary things. Let us carry them with you." I added.

"Yeah, stop trying to show off by shouldering it yourself. Spill it all!" Ray agreed.

"YOU DON'T NEED TO PROTECT ME. I WANT TO WALK ALONG SIDE YOU!!!" Emma told him.

"YOUR FAMILY AND SIBLINGS ARE YOUR FRIENDS. DON'T BE SO RESERVED. WE DON'T WANT A FUTURE WHERE YOU END Y9 SUFFERING. NO MATTER WHAT THE RESULTS IN." Ray added.

"AND YOU? WHAT DO YOU WANT? WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO, NORMAN?" I asked him.

Norman was silent, "Its no good... You're already too late... I'm at a place where I just can't go back. You can't walk alongside me."

"We know." I started, "About the poison that you used outside the castle. And about what you planned on doing to Musica and Sonju."

"We also know about the "experiment" in the basement." Ray added.

"We're not too late... Let's all figure this out together!! It's okay to be weak. If you're the real Norman... Then let's lose our way together. Let's struggle together. Let's laugh together. Let's live on together, Norman! This time!" Emma exclaimed.

Norman clenched his teeth, he suddenly pulled us into a hug. "But... It really is pointless. We don't have much longer left to live. We can't live on.... Me.. Help me. Emma... Y/n... Ray."

Days/hours when finished: 1 day
Word count: 823