159] Thank You

何になり得るかを夢見て..!

"I'm... Starving... Hand then over. I want to eat them... My... 4 premium quality...."

"She's dead... And this time she'll stay that way..." Musica stated.

"Uuu..." Zazie groaned which lit joy in Norman.

"Zazie!" Ray gasped.

"I'm so glad...!" Emma commented.

"Don't try to move yet." I told him.

"Are you in pain?" Norman asked him.

Emma went over to Musica and gave her a hug.

"... But what do we do from here on out? The queen and all five regent houses were killed. The capital and the other demon territories have all lost their societal leaders." Ray said.

"It's not about negotiating for peace. At this rate, there'll be widespread chaos... Riots even. If we don't handle this correctly, it'll spiral into war." I added.

"So... Couldn't it be Sonju then?" Emma asked, "The next king. You're royalty. The "queen's little brother", right?"

"That won't work. If Iverk or Baton were still alive, it'd be a different story. But I have no connections and know nothing of politics. And more than that, I'm a "traitor". For 700 years, I was chased down as such. Be it the royal army or the citizens no one will listen to me. It would only incite more chaos." Sonju explained.

"Its okay. We'll figure our own problems out. You all should hurry back to the hideout." Musica told us.

"But...!" Emma opposed.

"Once humans are out of the picture, things will be much easier for us to solve. Up until this point has been a civil war between demons. Now you can go do what's really important. Stopping anybody else from dying. And stopping the Flames of hatred from growing any larger. And besides I have a really bad feeling. The royal army... In the unlikely event that they attack the hideout, it'll be terrible. So please go. And hurry. We're fine here. I have an idea of my own." Musica explained.

"Thank you, Musica... Thank you so much!!!" Emma exclaimed as she hugged Musica.

"We owe you our lives." I told Musica as I hugged her too.

I looked at Emma and gestured my eyes towards Sonju. Emma leaped at him and gave him a hug.

"Huh?"

"Thank you too, Sonju. So much has happened in these past two years. I've seen all kinds of demons. And they're only a fraction of what's our there. I've thought about so many things up until this point. Demons, ourselves, what it means to eat, what it means to live, and what it means to be robbed of that life. I've even thought about what "death" is. And well... I absolutely do not want my family to be killed. I won't let them be eaten. And I absolutely don't want to he killer and eaten myself, but... I've imagined it. If I died... If I really did die... I thought to myself, "If be fine with Sonju or Musica eating me." Me thinking that I don't want to kill the demons was because I was able to meet you two. And me being able to make it this far was because of how much you've helped us since we first met. Thank you." Emma said and then dashed away with Ray and Norman.

I turned my back to Musica and Sonju, "... Really... Thank you so much." I began to chase the three as they had left me behind.

"Hurry! To the hideout!" Emma said.

{4000 royal troops... Even if we cut that in half that still makes 2,000.}

"Let's hurry. The situation could be bad. The queens word confirmed it. The one commanding the royal army is most likely... The current head of the Ratri clam. Peter Ratri." Norman pointed out.

Days/hours to finish: 3 hours
Word count: 633