Three Days

"Katie..." I feel someone shake my shoulder slightly. "Katie, wake up!"

"No." I grumbled. I flipped the other way so my back was facing the person. "Stop touching me."

"Katherine Anne Carter!" I finally recognise the voice. Erika. "You slept through your alarm! It's 6:30!"

I tossed my blankets to the side of me and sat up mumbling a few curse words. Erika left me to get ready in the 45 minutes that I had. I change into an old t-shirt that I never gave back to Niall, a hoodie, a pair of shorts, and converse. I quickly brushed out my hair, applied my makeup, and brushed my teeth. Just before I started to head down to the kitchen, I check the time. 6:57am. I think that's a new record! 

As I walk into the kitchen, Erika is leaned up against the counter, eating over her bowl of Fruit Loops. I put a slice of bread in the toaster when Erika breaks the silence. "So how many days?"

I smile. "Three." Everyday for the past three months, Erika asks me how many days till we see the boys again. Every single morning at breakfast. It gives me a reason to not give up so easily.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Erika puts her hand behind her ear, leaning closer to me.

I roll my eyes. "Three!!!"

The months without the boys have defiantly taken a toll on me. The bulling has gotten increasingly worse. There isn't a day that goes by where I can't walk down the halls without someone making a comment about how One Direction pitying me, how they I'm probably faking the whole relationship with the boys or how they're only being my friend for publicty. None of that really bothers me because I know that's not true. The thing that gets me the most though, is how they call me fat and how I'll never be pretty enough for One Direction. At first that didn't get to me, but then I started thinking, "Maybe they're right." So little by little I began eating less and every night I would say to myself , "Just one scratch." 

"You ready to go?" Erika asks, swinging her backpack over her shoulder. I gave a small nod as I grabbed my backpack, heading out the door with my best friend. 'BYE MOM." 

~~~

Erika and I walk onto campus just the first bell rings. "Hey, I gotta run. My teacher flip shit if I'm late again." 

"Okay." I say, tugging my sleeves. "See you at lunch." 

Erika smiles at me before running off to her class. Our passing period is seven minutes which should be more than enough time for me to go to my locker and make it to Mr. Davis' class on time. As I walk to my locker I notice Amber standing just outside my locker bay. She was talking to one of her cheer followers with her back to me. If I'm quick enough she might not notice me. I avoid looking in her direction, picking up the pace. I arrive at my locker safely. I collect my books, trying to be as quiet as possible, but I don't know even know how or why. I must have upset the gods or something. When I shut my locker it decided to make the loudest noise humanly possible. 

"Oh, Katie!" Amber squeals. "I didn't see you there!"

I shrug. "Just like the entire school."

Amber rolls her eyes. "You're so pathetic. I'm surprised One Direction have hung around you for this long."

"Actually, you know what's pathetic?" I questioned her. "Going around bringing people down just so you can bring yourself up."

"You are worthless, no one cares about you." Amber walks past me, knocking my stuff out of my hands. As I pick up my things, I hear Amber. "I'm only telling the truth."

~~~

 I sat quietly by me and Erika's table, sipping my water. Only three more days. I watched the students around me walking and talking with their friends. Some would glance at me, whispering things to their friends and laugh. I took another sip of my water. I can do this. I wasn't sure what was keeping Erika, Jade or Sam so I pulled out my phone, clicking on the twitter app. I scrolled through my mentions.

'Die bitch.'

'You don't deserve Niall.'

'Fat, ugly whore'

'Bitch, keep your hands off my husband.'

'Go die in hole.'

'No one likes you.'

'Ugh, why can't you leave the boys alone?'

Every once in a while I came across a tweet that made me smile.

'You and Niall are so cute!'

'Can't wait to see you on tour. xx'

'Get married already!'

After I refreshed my mentions, I noticed one in particular.

'@NiallOffical: Only three more days till I see the beautiful @Katherine_Carter!!!! Keep your head princess xx'

Smiling, I quickly tweeted back, '@Katherine_Carter: I'll try! I miss you so much @NiallOffical

"Who are you texting?" I snapped my head up in the direction of the familiar voice.

"No one. Niall just tweeted me." I explained to Erika. "Where've you been?"

Erika huffed. "Test corrections. I don't wanna talk about it."

I nod. "Where are Jade and Tony?"

Before Erika could answer, two plates of food, a purse and a backpack are dropped on the table. "Hey! Only three more days!!!!" Jade squeals.

"It needs to be Friday already!" I say, taking another sip of my water. After putting the cap back on, I tug on my sleeves as I listen to Erika and Jade talk about the tour. I started thinking about how I should really start packing. I'm such a procrastinator. A year long tour. I'm going to be gone for a whole year. I've never even been outside of the city let alone the country. This should be interesting.

"Katie!" Tony pokes my shoulder. "Are you going to answer that?" 

I soon realise he's referring to my phone ringing. A huge smile spread across my lips as I answered my phone. "Hey, Niall."

"KATIE!!!" Niall screams. "I miss you so fucking much!"

"I miss you too." I smile. I can't wait to be able to hear his voice in person

"You. me, skype date right when you get home from school." Niall states. "Not a minute later!"

"What? Why?" I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

I hear Niall's contagious laugh. "Why are you full of so many questions?"

I shrug. "I have a natural curiosity."

Jade taps my shoulder, indicating the bell rang. "Nialler, I have to get to class."

"Ughhhhh!" Niall groans. "Stupid school, taking away my princess."

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" I smile as I hang up my phone. When I look up, the entire table is staring at me with smiles on their faces. "I have a skype date with Niall after school."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DON'T KILL ME!!! I know I haven't updated a bajillion years and I am SO SORRY!!!! Words can't even explain how sorry I am. I'm not gonna tell you all my excuses but  I promise I'm back! I won't drop off the face of the planet EVER again :) x

Sorry if this chapter was shit. I'm a little rusty. Lol

-Kori :) xx