Niall's Grand Slam

"Alright, everything looks good. I'll just get you the crutches then you may go!" Dr. Smith smiled as he left the room.

"Yes!!!" I shouted, throwing my fists in the air.

Erika groaned next to me. She fell asleep on my bed last night when we were watching movies. I feel kind of bad because she didn't bring a change of clothes.

Erika sat up rubbing her eyes, "Must you be so loud?"

I laughed, "Yes. Hey is Niall still sleeping?"

Erika looked over her shoulder. When she looked back at me, she had her evil grin on her face.

"What are you going to do...?" I asked

Erika shrugged, "Oh nothing..." She pushed herself off the bed, tip toeing towards Niall.

The door flew open, I turned my head to see my doctor. At that same moment, a loud Irish groan echoes through the room.

"Dammit, Erika! I missed it! I throw my head back on my pillow.

"Okay... Here are your crutches, Katherine." Dr. Smith placed the crutches by the bedside.

I carefully swung my feet over the side of the bed, "FREEDOM!"

I hobbled my way to the bathroom. Erika shut the door after me as I leaned the crutches against the sink. I peeled off the hospital gown, tossing it to the corner. I pulled on the clothes I was wearing yesterday which was very difficult. I'm surprised I didn't fall flat on my face. I grabbed my crutches and walked back out of the bathroom.

"It didn't hurt that bad." Erika rolled her eyes.

Niall held his shoulder in pain, "Says you! You didn't get body slammed!!!"

Erika sat up in her seat, "Well maybe-"

I stepped foward, "Okay okay! Shut up! Can we go now??? I'm starving!!"

Niall stood up and opened the door for me. I smiled at him as I walked out. These things hurt my arms!

We made our way out the exit. We're now standing by the curb. I looked at Erika, "Right, so how are we getting there?"

Erika let her head fall back, "Shit." She pulled out her phone and dialled who I'm assuming her mom.  "Mom? Can you come pick us up? Yea, we're hungry... Okay, one minute." She held her hand over her phone, "Where do you want to eat?"

I shrugged "Anywhere. Just not-"

"They want Denny's." Erika said putting the phone back to her ear.

 I shook my head, trying to hide my smile, "What was the point of asking?"

She signed wait. "No! Don't bring them! Yea. Right outside on the curb. Okay, bye." Erika shoved her phone back in her pocket, "She'll be here in five minutes."

We stood there in silence until my stomach made this dying whale sound. Erika and Niall gave me a 'what the hell was that' face.

"Was that your stomach?" Niall asked, pointing to my stomach.

I nodded, "Told you guys I was starving."

Niall laughed as he put his arm around my shoulder. After a few minutes of messing around, Kris finally pulled up. Erika ran to the passenger side while I slowly walked to the door behind the passenger. Niall opened the door and took my crutches from me. I slide in with ease considering the huge cast on my foot. Niall handed me my crutches. I pushed them next the door as Niall climbed in. When Kris started pulling away, Niall grabbed my hand. Erika turned on the radio and Starships by Nicki Minaj was playing.