Pinky Promise

Hey guys!!! This is my first fanfic EVER. I dont own One Direction this is just for entertainment :) Enjoy xx

Chapter 1

"YOU'RE HERE!!!" Erika screamed while tackling me in a bone crushing hug. I swear, I only saw her like four hours ago.

I managed to get out, "Can't...breathe..."

"Heh, sorry" She smiled, then turning to my brother "Hey Jake!"

"Hi, Erika! Thank you for letting Katherine stay here while I'm gone." My brother said. I was trying with all my will power not to cry. My brother, Jacob, had recently enlisted in the army and is going for real. He was the only family I had and now he's leaving. Just like that. I know it's for a good reason but ever since our parents died we relied on each other.

"No problem! Katherine's welcome anytime." Erika's mother, Kris, assured. Kris turned to Erika, "Be a good friend and take Katherine's things to her room."

Erika rolled her eyes, "Yes, Mom..." I smiled and let her take my 5 pound bags.

When Erika and her mom left, I turned to Jacob waiting for our final good bye. "Katie..." Jake whispered, hugging me. I couldn't take it anymore. I hugged back and let out all the tears. The only people who call me Katie are him and Erika.

He spoke again, "Katie, I love you so much. I'm gonna think of you every day and send letters as often as I can."

I sniffled, "Promise?"

"Pinky promise" He let goes and held out his pinky. I smiled as I wrapped mine around his pinky finger.

"Here, I got you something." He searched through his pockets. Finally he held out a small box, I took it carefully and opened it. Inside was a beautiful heart necklace, it had a little tag on it that said "Love You" and had his name on the back of it. I smiled and felt more tears running down my cheeks.

"Open it!" I did as told and very slowly opened it. My mouth dropped slightly. In the locket was a picture of our parents on one side and a picture of me and Jake on the other. I immediately grabbed my brother in a hug. "Thank you..." I whispered. Eventually, we let go. Jacob turned me around and clasped the necklace around my neck.

Erika came back out and we watched Jacob get in the car. We both waved and stayed outside until we couldn't see the car anymore. I slowly turned around, walking to my new home. Erika ran up beside me and gave me another hug. I let her hug me while letting all the tears flow out again. "It'll be okay." She whispered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------Hii! Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors... I'm only human! LOL. anyways, the boys will be coming soon, I promise!<3 comment, vote, fan xx