Best Friends?

Here's Chapter 7 :D

Enjoy xx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was so good!" Niall sighed, laying back into the couch. I looked over at him, his 2 cheeseburgers were gone as well as his order of french fries.

"Better than Nandos?" I joked.

He shot straight up, "Of course not! How could you say that!?"

I laughed, "I'm kidding!" Everyone around us chuckled.

"So, Katherine," I turned to face Zayn, "So, Zayn?"

He smiled, "What year are you, again?"

I didn't quite understand 'year', "Year?"

I looked at Erika for some help but she didn't understand either.

Harry chuckled, "What grade."

I felt my cheeks heating up from embarrassment, "Oh, haha, right. I'm going into 11th grade. Same with Erika, right Erika?"

She was right in the middle of taking a huge bite, "Oh, erm, yeah." Oppsies. The boys kept asking us questions about us and our life.

"Erika, how long have you known Katherine?" Liam asked.

Erika and I smiled at each other, "Since we were 8." The boys found this surprising.

"Almost 8 years!?" Louis shouted, his mouth was hanging wide open.

"Yep, and shut your mouth. You're gonna get flies." I giggled.

"How did you meet?" Harry questioned Erika.

"Well, I moved down to LA from my dad's. He lives waaaaay up north. It took almost 10 hours to drive down here! Anyways, I was the typical new girl in school and Katherine, here was the only one who would talk me." She smiled, remembering the memory. We kept talking about our past and all our crazy adventures we would get into. Mostly cause of me.... Jake always said I have ADHD or something.

"Where do you live, Katherine?" My eyes grew wide, but I remained calm.

"Here." I stated. Simple, hopefully they'll leave it at that.

"Really that's so cool!" Louis shouted, giving me a high five.

"Wait, what about your parents?" Harry asked. Shit. Of all questions, he why would he have to ask THIS one!?

I shifted in the couch, "Oh. Erm, well you see....."

I was interrupted by Erika, "WHO WANTS TO WATCH A MOVIE???" The boys jumped but they all raised their hands. Thank the Lord!

 "Great I'll make some popcorn." She smiled and began walking towards the kitchen.

I got up and grabbed Erika's arm, "Oh nooooo. I'll do it this time." She mumbled some curse words at me but listened and walked back to the couch.

"JUST ONE TIME......" Erika screamed. I rolled my eyes and put the popcorn in the microwave. Once that one was done I threw in about 2 more. Just so Niall could have one of his own. I swear that boy..... I poured the popcorn into separate bowls and made my way back to the living room.

"How do you burn your hand making POPCORN!?" Louis shouted.

Erika just laughed, "Very carefully of course!"

I rolled my eyes and sat next to Niall, "A bowl for you."

He took the bowl, "You know me so well!" He spoke while shoving popcorn in his mouth.

I handed out the rest of bowls and asked everyone, "So, what movie?"

Harry put the DVD in and sat down next me, smiling, "Final Destination"

My eyes got big again, "Is this the one where those people die on an airplane...?" Harry looked kinda confused. I guess it was kind of a stupid question.

"Yea, is there something wrong?" Niall asked me, looking very concerned. Yea, actually. My parents died on a plane back when I was 12 and Jacob was 16. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Erika looking at me.

I took a deep breath, "No."

Niall didn't look too convinced, "Its okay if you get scared. I'm right here" He assured me. I just nodded. I could tell Harry was giving Niall the death glare. Weird. 

"C'mon! Press play!" Louis shouted

The kids just boarded the plane and the main character started flipping out. Oh shit. Niall could read me so well. He put his arm around me and I instantly hide my face. I heard the plane explode. I started screaming and sobbing my eyes out.

"Shhhh... its okay. Its just a movie." Niall whispered. I looked up and saw that half the plane was gone. People were flying out. The plane was on fire.

I got up and ran to my room. I threw myself on my bed and cried. I couldn't stop. I miss my mom and dad. I miss Jacob. I heard a knock on my door. I didn't bother getting up.

I heard the door open slightly, "Katherine..." I knew it was Niall by his Irish accent. I still didn't move. He sat on the bed, "Its just a movie. Its not real." He tried to reason with me.

I shook my head, "Maybe to you. My parents died on a plane, Niall." I could feel the tears coming back.

Niall grabbed me in a hug and I lost all control. I sobbed into his chest. "I am so sorry, Katherine. You could have told us. We could have decided on another movie." Niall said while stroking my hair. I didn't want him to stop.

"I know, I should of. I just- I don't know." I whispered, letting some tears roll down my cheeks.

He let go of me and wiped the tears away, "Don't you have any other family here?" He looked genuinely concerned.

I shook my head again, "I have an older brother, but he was shipped of to war a few weeks ago." I said, clutching my necklace he gave me.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked." Niall apologised, looking at his fingers.

"No, its okay. You didn't know." Niall looked up and smiled at me. I gave him a small smile.

I was still playing with my necklace when Niall spoke again, "Its beautiful." I looked at him then looked down at my necklace,

I smiled, "My brother, Jacob gave it to me before he left."

He took it in his hands, "Does it open?" I nodded.

Niall carefully opened it up. "On the left are my parents and on the right is Jacob." I smiled again.

"You look just like your mum."

I chuckled, "Yeah, everyone used to say that." Niall closed it and let fall back to my chest. "I think we should go back down there." I sighed.

Niall looked me in the eyes, "You sure?"

I nodded, "Positive." I got up from my bed and walked to the closed door.

"Katherine," Right when I turned around, Niall pulled me into a hug.

I hugged back and whispered, "Best friends?" Niall looked down at me, smiling. He didn't answer. He just hugged me even longer. I'll take that as a yes.