Starting the Journey, Once and for All

"Hm.. Arven, is this a friend of yours?" asked Professor Turo, pointing his index finger at me. 

Hmm.. I know they're video game characters and I wanted to change the plotline a little, teensy witsy tiny bit, so why not? I mean, there's no harm in saying yes.

"Yeah, we are." I replied, sneakily taking a look at Arven's face, which had a confused expression in response to my answer. 

"Oh, that's nice." replied Professor Turo. "I'm assuming you're new here. Shall I introduce you to the creatures we have here, called Pokemon?" 

"Sure, of course!" I nodded, following them to the limousine where they brought me to a prestigious academy. 

"This is the Uva Academy," he said, pointing at the castle-like structure in front of our limousine. "It'll be where you're going to study for the whole year." 

WHAT-

Ha ha, I hope he's joking. 

--Timeskip brought to you by.. idk..--

Meanwhile:

*Music plays in the background*

"It is time."

"I wonder what starter are they gonna be choosing?" asked a girl with black hair and one green highlight.

"I wonder too." 

-----------------------------

We went out of the limo, leaving Arven in the back seat of the car all alone and free to do whatever he wanted. 

Professor Turo and I approached this old man with circle shaped glasses, and I was confused for a second before the professor gave a formal introduction. 

"Hello, Director. This is--"

"Wait, what's your name? I forgot to ask that on the ride earlier."

"Ah, it's Y/N," 

"This is Y/N. I will be temporarily enrolling them here since they do not have enough understanding of Pokemon yet."

Suddenly, the professor looked at me as if I was a living, walking relic. 

"This is Director Clavell. He will help you pick your starter." said the professor. "And now that my job is done, I bid you adieu." He gave one last wave of farewell, and then went in the limo.

I went up to the three strange looking creatures. One was a grass cat, one looked like an apple and a crocodile combined but still adorable in its own way, and one looked like I could see Donald Duck in the depths of its soul. 

"Huh.." I mumbled to myself while confusedly going near the small grass cat. I checked my pocket randomly and found that there was a paper given to me by the professor with all of the starters' names and descriptions. 

The first one I noticed was the grass cat's name and description. So its name was Sprigatito. I found that kind of name very cute to be honest. 

I then read the description. 

"The sweet scent its body gives off mesmerizes those around it. The scent grows stronger when this Pokémon is in the sun."

Interesting..

I then went near the crocodile, who is actually named Fuecoco. 

'Ha ha, i'm so good at not knowing everything even though I played this already,'  I thought to myself. I then read Fuecoco's description- or Dex Entry, to be specific.

"Its flame sac is small, so energy is always leaking out. This energy is released from the dent atop Fuecoco's head and flickers to and fro."

And last but not the least, I went to Donald Duck himself- I mean Quaxly- 
I stared at it, maintaining eye contact as if we were outlaws from the Wild Wild West preparing for their fight. I read its description while continuously looking at it:

"Its strong legs let it easily swim around in even fast-flowing rivers. It likes to keep things tidy and is prone to overthinking things."

Alright, Sprigatito, Fuecoco, or Donald?

I stared at Quaxly as happy music started playing as if the movie was actually an epic orchestra. 

"I'm choosing you, Donald Duck."