A Warm Welcome to Melemele!

"Y/N?" 

"Y/N, the flight's arrived!" 

"Let's go!" "Chop chop!" 

I woke up to the sound of Grusha leaving, and so I went after him. It turns out that I ended up on the OTHER SIDE of the airport, and Grusha texted me that he had already left on a Land Ride Pokemon because he had a meeting, but he would treat me to dinner later to make up for it. 

"Hello! You must be new here!" shouted a green-haired boy. "My name's Hau, and I live here!" I mean, no one asked for that, Hau, but okay, I guess? 

"My name's Y/N. I'm from Paldea." I introduced myself and shook his hand. 

He then smiled. "My grandfather is the Melemele Island Kahuna!" he said and I suddenly went pale. WHAT- 

I put both my hands in my pockets, due to the coldness in the airport. "So, where exactly do I get a starter?" I asked him, and he simply chuckled and put his fingers, thinking of a place. "Ah! You get your starter Pokemon from Professor Kukui!" 

I ordered orange juice and went with Hau to Professor Kukui's hou- I mean field. 

We were waiting when the professor came outside and waved at us. "Hello, Y/N!" he greeted. "I've heard of what you've done in Paldea. It's truly an honor to meet you!" he then held out his hand and we shook our hands. "It's an honor to meet you too, Professor Kukui!" I replied, and he smiled. 

Suddenly, I saw a unfamiliar woman standing outside the door, waving at us. "Is that your girlfriend or something, Professor?" I asked, pointing at the lady with white hair. "No, she's another professor." the professor replied, and the lady went near us. "I'm Professor Burnet!" she introduced herself, and we shook hands as well. She then blushed at me mistaking her for the professor's girlfriend. Are they getting married or what? I hope so. 

He then smiled. "I know that I should give you a Starter Pokemon, but I would like to give you a very special challenge." he said, and my face lit up. "What about you pick your own?" He added, and I nodded. "Any Pokemon is okay, since it counts as your first Pokemon here." My eyes had lit up once more, and I smiled. "Take your time, though, since you can also explore the places here." 

"Oh, and try the malasadas, they're great!" 

I smiled and waved goodbye, and left with Hau. We then went to the mall, and then we decided to buy some malasadas. However, as I was about to eat them, a wild owl-like Pokemon came to a customer, causing chaos. 

"Wait, what are you doing here?" the customer asked it, and it seemed like it was going to the donuts. "Hey! This is my donut, so f*ck off!" the customer shouted, grabbing the owl-like Pokemon and throwing it in my direction. 

I looked at the owl-like Pokemon, which was injured at this point. The audacity.. 

I then stood up. "You know, you shouldn't hurt Pokemon." I said, and the customer threw donuts at me. "Well, it's not my problem!" the customer shouted. "It came and tried to steal my donuts!" I then frowned. "What the hell?! I mean, it came for food in the first place! Also, it just wanted something to eat, and it didn't know it was yours!" I shouted, which caught the attention of the cashier, who ordered the guards to make the customer leave, threatening him that if he came back again, they would call the police for animal abuse. 

I looked at the customer and looked back at Hau. "Come on Hau, let's go." I then held the owl-like Pokemon and we left. "Y/N, we should take that Rowlet to a Pokemon Center!" Hau said, as we went to the nearest Pokemon Center. 

We then met Nurse Joy and learned that she found it neglected and abused for no reason. The audacity to do that.. After meeting Nurse Joy, I thanked her and went outside, and heard a familiar noise. 

I turned my back and saw the same Rowlet we had brought to the Pokemon Center. "It looks like it chose you, Y/N!" Hau said, and so I got a Pokeball, looking at it. "So.. you're choosing me?" I asked and it went closer to the Pokeball, tapping it. 

"Way to go, Y/N!" Hau replied, and I smiled. It was like I was getting reminded of someone.. Nemona, to be exact. "You know, you remind me a lot of someone I know." I said and his expression seemed to be confused. "We used to battle sometimes, and I met her again after I became Champion in Paldea." 

He then looked at me and smiled. "Woah, that's amazing Y/N!" he said, and we shook hands. 
"Where should we go next?" he asked. "Hmm, I don't know." I replied. "Why don't we eat dinner?" He replied and I nodded. 

We looked for a restaurant across the beachside and we finally found one. After that, I fed the Rowlet I had caught the malasada donuts it didn't get to eat earlier, and swore that it'll never get hurt again. 

I also searched on Poketube about how to make new friends from different regions, and I hope I remembered the tips on the video I watched. Hopefully, of course. 

Also, Merry Christmas! :D

I then thought to myself: 

'There may be some new challenges, but I'll still meet new friends, right?' 

'I guess so.'