Gym Leader Meet and Greet

(The Mall is the background cover image, by the way)

As soon as I got up, I stood up and walked to the dining room. 

"Oh hey (Y/N)!" greeted Hop, and as a result I was shocked because he had actually cooked breakfast for me. "Morning" I waved, trying to fix my messy hair. 

I turned on the tv, and listened to the news.

"Breaking news! The Chairman himself, Chairman Rose, has arrived from his business trip in the Kanto region! He'll be at the meet and greet along with the other gym leaders-" 

A meet and greet? What time? Perhaps I could secretly make it without Hop. 

I went over and searched it on Google. "So.. the meet and greet is at 3pm." I muttered to myself, in a tone that even Hop heard. Oh no. 

"Are you planning to go to the meet and greet later?" asked Hop, making me nod in response to the question. "Oh, me too!" I smiled in response, and we then got ready and went around the city to buy some groceries. 

When we were at the mall, I got a glimpse of many people celebrating. "Hey Hop, I think you went the wrong way," I pointed to the direction to the meet and greet and I could've sworn I heard what seemed to be Raihan shouting. 

(This is the meet and greet just imagine there's tables and chairs and food everywhere)

"WOOO! LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" shouted Raihan, taking a selfie of him and Leon, proceeding to draw a big heart around them

"WOOO! LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" shouted Raihan, taking a selfie of him and Leon, proceeding to draw a big heart around them. Suspicious-

"Here's a toast, to all of you here today." said Leon, raising a cup of wine and saying cheers to the people. 

As if we were late, we suddenly interrupted the party just as they were in the middle of the toast. 

"Psst, over here," whispered one of the guests. We came to their direction, going unnoticed by Leon and Raihan as they continued to do their toast. "Let's celebrate!" as they said those words, random party music started playing. 

"Wait, you're the Dark Type Gym Leader, right?" asked Hop. I then proceeded to stare at the guy in confusion. "Cute pet you have there.. by the way?" I said nervously, profusely sweating. 

"Thank you," said the Gym Leader. "You must be new here, am I right?" 

I nodded, "Yes, I am."

"I am from the region of Paldea, and it's huge. I came to Galar because Hop here wanted to go on a day out with me, which was 13 days ago. However, I got sick and because of my sickness, I have to stay with Hop so I can recover." 

"Ahh, I see," he replied. "I'm Piers, and you are?" he asked in a British accent, which you noticed EVERYONE seemed to have here in Galar.  

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N). Pleasure to meet you, Sir Piers," I said, looking at Hop who waved at me. 

"WAIT WHY ARE Y'ALL BRITISH-" someone shouted, making a scene out of the meet and greet. In a Southern accent too.. 

People started causing mayhem and throwing the food, and in the midst of chaos I was beside Hop the whole time not knowing what to do. "Hop, I think we should go home," I said and he nodded. "But we have no car..?" And that was when I realized we were stuck here while chaos happened. 

Just then, I had an idea..

"Maybe your brother has one," I replied and immediately, Hop dashed to his brother Leon while I was just casually sitting there, watching creepypasta videos on my phone. 

"Wouldn't you be scared of those videos?" a new, unfamiliar woman-like voice spoke. 

"No, why?" I asked. 

I looked behind me and saw that the voice was an old lady. So this must be Opal. 

"You must be hungry. I'll get you some food, okay?" 

"Okay?" 

Why was I suddenly being treated like I was some VIP? The fact is, I don't even know but I'm thankful it happened. When Opal came back with the food, I thanked her and enjoyed the food while watching creepypasta videos in the midst of chaos. 

Somehow, I had managed to go home instead with another gym leader since there was no more space in the flying Corviknight from earlier. I was sad. How could I get home? However, a certain black and white haired man with an Obstagoon volunteered to ride on a flying Corviknight with me. 

We shared a conversation together, and when I arrived to Hop's house I bid farewell as the flying Corviknight flew to its next stop. 

"Well, those don't exist in Paldea for some reason," I said to myself, thinking about Tinkaton. 

I opened the doors. At last, home sweet home. I quickly took a shower, then slept immediately when I laid down on the bed.