Perfect (Valentines' Special)

(Background not mine, from Tumblr) 

I had woken up after a peaceful long sleep of eight hours. Wow, eight hours.. never gotten this amount of sleep in a VERY long time. "Oh wow, that's unusual," I said, getting up on bed and putting on a trendy outfit, quickly going to the mall. The day was February 14, a day also known as Valentines' Day, wherein couples go on dates with each other. However, I wasn't really that lucky since Grusha went to a meeting in Paldea regarding a job. 

Anyway, I continued exploring the mall and found this expo with various Ice-type Pokemon from different regions. "I wonder why there are so many Pokemon in here, anyway.." As soon as I entered the expo, I was greeted with a freezing cold atmosphere. So cold, yet so spectacular..

I continued to go around the expo and saw a group of Cetoddle forming a perfect circle, and lots of people were taking photos. "Aww, guess I'll take one too!" I said, going in the middle of the group of Cetoddle. 

Meanwhile.. 

Grusha Pov: 

I went inside the expo that I had created exactly two days ago. As I was exploring, I saw a seemingly familiar face. (Y/N). It's them.. 'How do I surprise them?' I thought to myself, and at that moment I saw the group of Cetoddle forming a perfect circle in the center. 'That's it..' I said, silently making my Cetoddle go towards them. 

I was about to take a photo when one of the Cetoddle came up to me, breaking the perfect circle that was previously formed. "Aww, hello there!" I waved at it, and it looked like a happy little goofball. 

Suddenly, I heard a very familiar song. It was the song that we sang together with Grusha back then. And right at the instrumental part of the song, all of a sudden many people were entering with multiple cameras shuttering. 

"What is this? Why are you taking these photos of me?" I was scared, when all of a sudden the same exact Cetoddle came and literally headbutted them.

Shortly after, it came back to me, smiling. "Aww, you did great!" I then looked at my phone camera and saw who was behind me. It was Grusha, who then covered his mouth with his hand, embarrassed. "Oh, well you really got me," I replied, laughing softly. "I didn't expect you to find me that quickly, you know." He replied, laughing softly as well. 

"So, why are you here? I thought you had a meeting.." 

"Well, erm.." He stammered. "I wanted to tell you something." 

He then pulled out a paper, and gave it to the Cetoddle. Soon enough, the Cetoddle immediately ran up to me and gave the paper. 

Inside the paper was a drawing of a diamond ring, and when I looked back up, I was so confused why there were a lot more people surrounding our spot. However, when I turned to look in Grusha's direction, he was suddenly kneeling down on one knee for some reason.. 

All of a sudden, the song "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran begun playing, and I was so confused. 

"I have faith in what I see.." 

Suddenly, I saw Grusha pulling out a small box from his pocket, and at that moment I realized what was happening. It hit me so hard, like a bullet. 

"(Y/N), will you.." 

"Will you marry me?" 

I was shocked. Sure, I did know that Grusha liked me and that we dated, but I never thought we would go this far, to be honest. 

"Yes, I will." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes: 

cries in single

me reading the romantic scenes in this fanfic a day before Valentines' Day: