Interview and Battle

Take note that this is set weeks ago before Y/N leaves on a plane to Galar. lol

Five last steps. 

Five last steps before becoming Champion. 

Which means I had to battle all the members of the elite four, not to mention the fact that a literal toddler was among them.

And here I was, waiting among many chairs to be called to the office. 

When suddenly.. 

Someone announced my name on the speaker using a microphone. "Attention, Y/N please come to the office right now." I quickly stood up and went to the office, only to be greeted by the same green-haired woman I was making eye contact at earlier. 

"Thank you for coming today." She waved, and looked at her computer. "Please, do have a seat." I then sat down on a chair, silently waiting for the interview to start. She then started introducing herself. "I, Rika, will be your interviewer." I nodded and we then started with the interview. 

"First things first-- let me see how many Gym Badges you have.." she said and pulled out a file from her laptop. How did she get that- anyway.. 

"Next, I'd like to ask you a few questions, if you wouldn't mind, Y/N." she said and I nodded. "Yeah, sure." I replied. "Please think carefully, as you may automatically fail the interview depending on your answers." Shit- "Let's begin." 

She looked at me again. "How did you get here today?" From the looks of it, I walked since there's like no taxi here.. "I walked." She then nodded. "Very good, very good." 

"Please tell me the name of the school you are enrolled in." Just that question alone led me back to horrible memories of Professor Turo and his son. "Uva Academy." She nodded. "So what brings you to the Pokemon League today?" she asked. "I came to become Champion." I replied. It's the correct answer, obviously- 

She then smiled, which was something I haven't seen before. "Yes, indeed. Why else would you be here, I suppose." I then smiled as well. "Now, what do you intend to do if and when you become a Champion?" she asked. "I want to become even stronger." I replied, which was super last minute. 

"Tell me: Which of the eight Gyms gave you the most difficulty?" she asked. To be honest, Tulip and Grusha was kind of hard, though. So I'd go with Tulip lol. "Alfornada Gym." I replied. "I see." She replied, her expression becoming serious all of a sudden. "And what was the name of the Gym Leader you faced there?" she asked. Fuck-

"Tulip." I replied, screaming internally because I almost forgot it.. I mean if it weren't for the makeup ad popping up on my Poketube feed every single day, I would have forgotten by now. "But do you remember which type of Pokemon Tulip used?" she asked again. "Psychic." 

She smiled once more. "Wonderful. I'm glad you still remember it." I took out my earphones and then looked at her once again. "What was the category of the Pokemon you chose to be your first partner?" She asked. Well, I would've picked Fuecoco, but I had to be honest here and pick Quaxly. "The Duckling Pokemon, Quaxly." 

She then asked, "Remind me, what do you intend to do if and when you become a Champion?" Not this question again maam- my goldfish memory could never.. "I want to become even stronger." I replied. "Next is the final question for this interview." She said. 

WHAT- ALREADY? 

"Do you like Pokemon, Y/N?" She asked. Obviously, yeah.. "Yes." I replied. "That about wraps out the interview." She said. "You just passed the first part of the Champion assessment!" 

WAIT, SO THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PART? HELL NAH-- 

"On your first try too, no less! Don't think anyone's done that since Nemona." she said. Her again? Why do they always keep mentioning her? Oh yeah, it's because she's actually a CHAMPION level trainer.