The Sad Call

It was a Saturday, and like every Saturday I experienced, I would spend it exploring either Paldea or Galar. Since I was in Galar and Paldea was miles away, the only option I had was to go shopping at the malls. Sometimes when I'd go shopping I'd see Pokemon trainers, but one of the most cool people that go shopping are the Gym Leaders themselves.

When they go to a mall, it's like a crowd watching a fight in a stadium, or like fans flocking to watch their idol's latest concert. But aside from all of these, I had to go back to Paldea in two weeks time since I had requested for someone to trade with a Fuecoco, on the condition that they get Quaxly. NO-

However, I accepted the deal since Donald Duck (Quaxly) didn't seem to listen to me often. At first, I thought it was kind of normal since they're adapting, but something didn't seem right about it. I began to search on the internet for people wanting a Quaxly, and sure enough I found one willing to trade their Fuecoco for it. 

THEY ARE SO DESPERATE HELP. 

I was busy searching names for Fuecoco, and currently my thoughts were between the names Goober, or Sparky since Fuecoco are very energetic and hyper Pokemon. Another thing about my Quaxly is that when I gave it a bath just to get clean after getting in the mud, it would turn hostile and bite my hand. One time, it bit my hand so hard to the point that it started bleeding. I was playing Mario Party 9 when it happened, so I had to pause my gameplay and put a bandage on my hand. 

Interestingly enough, I had found myself looking at the Fuecoco of the other Trainers in Paldea lately. Also, I wonder how Nemona's Sprigatito is.. I don't know. "I wonder what will I do with my Fuecoco in the future.." I muttered to myself, and suddenly the phone rang. 

I picked up the phone. 

"Hello, are you (Y/N) (L/N)?" asked the caller, and I replied that I was indeed (Y/N) (L/N) from the Paldea region. "Great. Someone important would like to talk to you now." The caller then called someone, whose voice I recognized immediately. 

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" shouted a familiar voice over the phone. "Nemona, i'm in the Galar Region. Sorry for delaying my departure, it was because I had gotten sick, so I stayed here to recover." I replied. "Oh, I see. SO THAT'S WHY YOU'VE MISSED ALL THOSE CLASS ACTIVITIES!" "WHAT?!" I was shocked, I was in tears almost. 

"How many? It can't be that bad, right? RIGHT?" I asked. 

"50." 

I started crying over the call and looked into the video camera. In the camera, I saw Arven with someone else. They were having fun together and my smile instantly faded when Nemona said the most shocking and devastating thing on Earth. "You know (Y/N), Arven said he wanted to break up. He loves someone else." she said. "Sorry.." 

My smile faded as I was processing what Nemona had just said. "B-break up?" I said, still processing what she just said. At that moment, Arven noticed and sat down in a chair, for him to be seen in a camera. 

"(Y/N), we're done." was all he said before hanging up. 

After all those months we've spent catching Pokemon and talking? After all the time I've spent chatting him online and saying all those pick up lines? After all the times I told him I loved him? 

I was devastated. 

Just when I was recovering, he comes and says these things to me. All while I'm talking to my friend in a call.. 

I sighed.

Maybe I do deserve better..

Maybe I need someone els-

Suddenly, Hop entered the room with some take out lunch. "Hey (Y/N), would you like to go out with me tonight?" 

"Sorry, but I feel kinda glum. Maybe next ti-" 

"(Y/N), I overheard your conversation with your friend. I get that it happened, and that's why I planned this outing for you to cheer up, okay? So why not give it a shot?" Hop interrupted. 

I sighed. 

"I guess." 

Hop smiled and after eating the take out, we got dressed and went to a nearby mall. Seeing all these couples made my smile fade away as I was trying to cheer up. 

Suddenly, Hop winked and brought me to an ice cream store. "What are we doing here?" I asked. "Remember that time I was waiting for you until you had finished that Gym Battle and bought you ice cream?" I nodded, confirming that I still remember when that happened. "I came here to buy it again for you, since I heard that ice cream cheers people up when they're feeling sad." I replied with a thumbs up as Hop lined up on a very long line from outside the ice cream shop to the counter (we were inside lol), as I sat down on a chair waiting for the ice cream. 

One hour later..

"(Y/N)! I'm back!" He said as he sat down beside me, pulling out two vanilla ice cream cones. "Wait. Why did you buy two?" I asked. "So we're going to be matching, of course!" He smiled as we both ate our ice cream. 

Hop then brought me to a movie theater and asked what movie I wanted, but I replied back saying that I didn't deserve any special treatment and that I was okay already. "That's not enough! I want you to be happier," he said as he brought me inside the movie theater, as we watched a romantic movie. Hop and me were both eating popcorn during the whole movie. Not to mention, Hop was also wanting to experience those romantic scenes in movies. Same Hop, same. 

"Not gonna lie, I really wanted to experience those things someday," he said, not noticing that he had started holding. my. hand. making me blush a little. 

Afterwards, we both went home and Hop played my favorite show on the television and was also responsible for cooking food and feeding my Pokemon. How nice of him to do that. I also cooked food for Hop's Pokemon, including his starter which was a Sobble. 

He also cooked our dinner and so we ate curry which was really good! I really enjoyed watching my favorite show on the television while messaging Nemona. 

"I really enjoyed today, Hop." I said as he suddenly smiled at me. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, (Y/N)! I hope we can do it again next time," 

"Of course we can," I smiled back.

FANART NOT MINE BTW.. HELP I FEEL JEALOUS.