Kitakami

"Heading to Kitakami!" the speaker announced. Due to that, I woke up with a start. "Huh, nice train," 

However, I was bored, and there was only one thing to do.. play on my pho-

Suddenly, I saw a sign that said "No WIFI, Manual communication ONLY!!"

But why? I don't like this at all? Why not allow WiFi when our train is literally INFESTED with iPad kids..?! At this point I just want to curl up and cry all my emotions out.. 

A certain white-haired man with purple highlights came up to me and told me to carefully read the small print. "What small print?" I asked. "There's nothin-" 

"Oh.. What is this?" I saw something which had caught my eye. The train staff literally LIED to our faces, there was WiFi after all! It was just that the password was.. a little complicated. 

I was both overwhelmed and devastated since I could not get internet connection

I was both overwhelmed and devastated since I could not get internet connection. (Y/N) (L/N), why do you have to suck at mathematics? If only someone smart could help! 

Suddenly, a familiar woman approached me. 

"Ms. Tyme, hello there!" I greeted her, "What brings you here today?" 

It was like a Christmas miracle. The thought of my former mathematics professor coincidentally being there on the same train where I am struggling to get internet connection was delightful. 

"I see you're having a problem with the WiFi, (Y/N)," said Ms. Tyme, chuckling softly. "Well, that's what teachers are for," I replied jokingly. 

"You are absolutely correct," she replied. "Teachers help their students with their mistakes," I nodded gratefully, like I owed her debt for giving me internet connection. 

"Now, let's get this thing on," she then turned on the WiFi, and the internet here was so, so.. SLOW. 

It's no surprise people preferred manual communication over this lousy internet network. Well, at least Kitakami is fifteen minutes away so I just have to endure it for a little while. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The train doors opened and many passengers left the train. "We have arrived at Kitakami," the speaker announced. However, I was asleep and unknowingly stayed on the train. Until..

"Rise and shine, kiddo," the same white-haired guy with purple highlights on his hair woke me up. "Oh, good afternoon, sir," I greeted, groggily standing up. "How many.. hours did I sleep?" 

"I don't know," he replied. "..and I don't care," 

"Who are you, anyway?" I asked. "Your school uniform doesn't look like ours at all," I then showed him a picture of our school uniforms and he was amazed. "

"Name's Drayton, kid," 

"Nice to meet you, I'm (Y/N) (L/N)," 

We greeted each other as we stepped off the train, and we came face to face with a tall girl with long black and red hair, black on top and red on the bottom. 

"Hello, Carmine!" Drayton said happily, however the girl simply didn't react and instead replied with "Who are you?" which made Drayton laugh out loud. "Really? You don't know me?" he asked. "I'm Drayton!" Carmine let out a sarcastic "Oh!" 

"YOU!" 

"Do you have beef with each other?" I asked, concerned. "What?! No!" Carmine laughed. "Do you not know what sarcasm is?" 

"Oh! Sarcasm!" I replied, laughing at my mistake. 

"My friend Drayton told me that you're the new student here," I nodded in response. 

"It's late, so let's get settled at your new dormitory."