Makeup Magician

It had been two days since I had beat Gym Leader Ryme at her own Gym Battle. Bored, I decided to casually book a flight to Alfornada, one of the most famous cities on this region. 

I also caught and made a custom team of Pokemon just for this Gym. 

When I was on the flight, I saw that I was one of the only few people on the plane. However, it was a good thing that someone was beside me. 

"Hey, so how is Paldea?" I asked the guy beside me and he started speaking in French, which I couldn't understand. He then mentioned something about Kalos, right? Yeah. 

"What's Kalos?" I asked. He then started explaining about this place in French. 

Soon enough, after all the French, we landed and I went inside the city. When I arrived at the Gym, I found my Battle Studies teacher, Dendra. 

"Hi there!" she waved back and we started doing ESP practice as a Gym Test, to which I passed. "I'm so glad you're here. You know, back in the day, me and Tulip--" she then started explaining their story and how they were besties. 

"So, when am I going to battle her?" I asked. I then glanced at her, listening to her as we waited for the Gym Leader to arrive. 

"I suppose you're right," said a unknown voice. "Ok, I'll get things moving here on my end," 

I turned my back to see that the voice was actually the Gym Leader on a call. 

Wait.. do I even have Dark and Steel types? I sighed. 

Wait.. GHOST TYPES?! Exactly what I've waited for, I could use a Dragapult right now. 

She appeared to be with two Medicham, so that should probably be a Pokemon that she'd use during the battle. 

"Let's keep the tag line simple-- "Naturally Beautiful." she said. 

"And order the new eye-shadow color, would you?" she said, passing by my direction. I hope she didn't hear the music I was listening to.. 

She then went to her position. "Thanks, you're a doll." she thanked the caller. "Gotta run now. Chat with you later," she hung up on the call, turning her back towards me. 

"Hello there," she said and I waved. "I'm Tulip, the Gym Leader here," she introduced herself. "Though I must tell you that being a makeup artist is my main line of work," 

"Dendra had nothing but praise for you," she said. "She said you totally slayed out there," 

"Hehe." she laughed. "I must say, you are a cute challenger, (Y/N)," I blushed as she had said those words. "I'm sure my ESP exercise made you all the more beautiful." she said. "Doesn't that make you happy?" 

"Of course it did!" I smiled. "You keep your Pokemon beautiful and clean as well," she said. "I see you have quite the aesthetic sense," 

"Appearance is equally important for both people and Pokemon," she said. "Makeup is like magic. Anyone can use it to change their appearance," she explained. "Allow me to put my skills to use to make your cute little Pokemon even more beautiful!" she said as she sent out a Fairigiraf. 

I sent out my Dragapult, which defeated it effortlessly. "You're quite a base to test my makeup magic on." she said. "What shall I use on you?" She then sent out a Gardevoir, to which I switched to the Annihilape I caught last week. Long story short- the Gardevoir fainted. 

I kept on using Foul Play, and after that I switched to my Gengar, which then used Shadow Punch. But, it used Psychic which made it faint. I switched back to my Annihilape which used Shadow Punch, which made her Gardevoir faint. 

I then switched to Zoroark and she sent out Espathra. After defeating that, she sent out a Florges. 

"Come here, my little Florges!" she ordered. "It's time for a makeover. You'll become a new you!" 

She then Terastalized her Florges, like every single Gym Leader here, which looked epic. 

I used Foul Play, which was super effective. It used Moonblast, which made its HP drop down to 5. I then used another Foul Play which made the Florges faint. 

"Your strength has a magic to it that cannot be washed away," she said. 

"I lost the battle? And your beauty rivals even my own?" she said. "I can't believe it," 

"To know that you're Larry's kid as well," she finally said after a long time. "You are quite splendid. Yes, truly amazing!" she praised. 

"Perhaps I should keep you under my wing before you make your big break elsewhere..." she said, to which I nodded. "Sure thing," 

"But I suppose I need to work on myself a little more first before I ran off and do such a thing," she added. NO TAKE ME WITH YOU-

"But it won't be a problem, will it?" she said as I nodded again. "Of course!" I replied. 

"Anyway, you have earned my Gym Badge." she added. "Allow me to strike one of my best poses to give it to you."

"Congratulations, (Y/N)," she congratulated, to which I thanked her. 

After our funny picture, we took a picture in which we were looked like we were meditating. LMAO-

She then explained that we could listen to Pokemon of level blah blah blah will be easier to catch and will listen to the trainer, etc etc. 

"If you train hard, you'll be able to use this move in a totally perfect way," she said and gave me a TM Psychic. Wow- 

"Don't go uploading that selfie we just took to social media, ok?" she added, to which I replied, nodding. "I think my makeup has run a little with all the moving and sweating I did during our battle," 

"I need to fix it fast before my next appointment," she said. "My schedule is absolutely packed, you know," I nodded again. 

"I shall tell your father about this," she said. NO DON'T-

"Farewell, then," she waved goodbye. "You did splendidly today," she then ran out with her two Medicham. 

After I had left the Gym and was about to leave the Gym lobby, my art teacher, Hassel approached me. 

"Greetings once more, (Y/N)," he greeted. "I was watching your battle with the Gym Leader from the sidelines, and I must say.." 

"I thought it was simply excellent!" he added. "Full marks! Gold star! Extra credit, even!" 

Is he okay-

"Hardly had you sent out Zoroark before you launched into your strategy!" I nodded.

"That unrelenting offensive! That flurry of attacks!" he added. "What an efficient way to corner the opponent!" 

 "And what artfully trained Pokemon! Such a vibrant palette of moves!" 

"Ah! I do beg your pardon!" he apologized. "I didn't mean to let my emotions run amok like that," we were still holding hands and I smiled. "That's okay, Mr. Hassel," 

"Ahem! In summary, I simply wanted to say that you seem to have gotten even stronger," I nodded once again. "I must admit that I'm eager for you to gather all the Gym Badges," 

He then held my hand and we went out of the Gym. "Say, would you like some dinner?" he asked. "With a special guest, of course," he chuckled. (MY JEALOUS SIDE IS OUT RN)

"Sure!" I replied.