Journey to Cortondo

"OH! WE GOT SHINY DASCHBUN!" I screamed like the clock had just hit new year. "LET'S GO!" I continued shouting, not realizing that my pesky neighbor had called the cops on me. "WOOOO! YEAH BABY, THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!" I was about to click the save game button when I heard police sirens outside the door. 

"FBI, open up!" shouted the cops as they literally kicked open the door, startling me and my dog, Pizza, in the process of doing so. After kicking my door, they requested a fine because of the noise complaint I had received from my pesky neighbors whom are noisier than me. Ugh..

... 

I miss those old days. I wonder how Pizza is doing after what happened.. 

For some reason today, I kept getting flashbacks from the past. I know that this was my first, but at the same time I hope it is my last. I remember my first Shiny, a Caterpie, since I played the first game up to the latest game. Because of seeing other streamers worldwide, I decided to stream and become a gamer as well. 

Recently, I've caught a Glimmet and many more. But today, I was planning on taking the Bug-type Gym in Cortondo. I've heard many things about the Gym Leader herself, Katy and how she uses a Ursaring in her Gym. Good choice though, to be honest. 

Lately, I've been trying to take photographs of other Pokemon since I wanted to surprise Arven on his birthday. (Not like we know when his birthday is for now)

But after all those photographs, I was kind of hungry. And just as if it was magic, Nemona appeared. "Oh, Hey (Y/N)!" she waved at me, and I waved back. "You hungry?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, want some food?" she nodded. 

Together, we walked to a bakery and I was about to go inside. But alas, Nemona saw this woman with a blazer and literally dragged me to her as if I was getting blown away by a cyclone. 

"Welcome to the Olive rolling field!" said the lady. "This Gym Test is all about stamina-- you'll need to push with all you've got to get a large olive ball rolling and make it all the way to the end." I tried to hide my snicker but Nemona looked at me with a smile, signifying that it was hard to control our laughter. Haha. 

"Get the ball over various obstacles, then push it into the goal to clear the course." she added.

"Now that everything is all filled up, are you two ready to start the Gym test?" 

"Yeah," we both replied as if we were machines. 

A few minutes later.. 

"NEMONA IT'S SO HEAVY.." I was shocked, I was in tears almost, but I continued to dodge obstacles and to push the giant olive to the finish line. Just as I was about to do the last final push into the goal, my leg sort of got sprained. "YOU CAN DO IT NEMONA!!" I shouted as Nemona did the last and final push making us both pass. "Yay you did it!" I smiled at her and she hugged me making me quite flustered. 

I hugged her back and realized that I was still hungry. "My hunger can wait. We have a gym battle to finish." 

I approached the Gym Leader and bowed as a sign of respect, of course. I then signaled for Nemona to sit down beside me as we were watching some challenger fight Miss Katy. Woah. 

After the challenger lost, I challenged the Gym Leader first. 

"ALLOW ME TO KNEAD YOU INTO SUBMISSION!" she said as she prepared her Pokemon for our battle. 

My level 20 Frigibax was able to defeat her first two Pokemon using Freeze-Dry. For the third and fourth one, I let my Daschbun fight them, but Daschbun got defeated by her Ursaring, so I ended up using Donald Duck to defeat it. And it worked! 

In the meantime, while Nemona was fighting I made a big cardboard poster saying "GO NEMONA!" and we both won. YAY!! 

Surprisingly, I managed to convince the Gym Leader herself to bake desserts for us. "You know Miss Katy, you're like an ice cream because you're so sweet," I said to the gym leader, silently snickering with Nemona. "Why, thank you! You too," she smiled. "You know, I bet the Gym Leaders would like you a lot," she replied, ruffling my hair to the point it got messy. 

When the cookies came, we ate them all up like it was nothing. After that, we realized that we had somewhere to go. "Come back soon!" we then waved at Katy and left the bakery. 

"Well, it was fun," I said to Nemona, laughing so hard we couldn't even breathe. "I'm going to train more for our legendary battle in the future," I smiled and waved farewell. "Bye, Nemona!" 

Wait.. what was I supposed to do? 

Oh yeah, do a Genshin ten pull. 

I pulled and I got Xiao! I remember the last time I put Xiao as my password, and Google did not allow it because it was too short! Haha :D