Back at Galar

I was at Hop's house again, eating dinner when suddenly Leon arrived, enraged. 

"Look Lee, I'm sorry for what I did-" 

"You should be." 

Leon then sat down beside me and looked kind of worried, proceeding to take some food from the table. "Gloria? Of all people?" Leon asked. "Who's Gloria?" I asked as well, not knowing who Gloria was. 

Leon then sighed. "You don't need to know." he replied, maintaining full eye contact with Hop who was on the other side of the table and in front of Leon. "Why?" I asked. 

"Because some things.. are better to be kept secret." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 After Hop and Leon's argument, Leon had offered to bring me to Spikemuth via Corviknight, and I was sort-of shocked when Leon revealed that there were absolutely no Tinkaton here. 

I was shocked. "Wait, you can ride Corviknight?" Leon then nodded. 

Suddenly, a Corviknight arrived out of nowhere. "Oh! Hello, could you help Miss Y/N get to Spikemuth?" he paid the taxi driver, and so I got on the seat, going to Spikemuth. 

I also noticed that Piers' songs were complete and total bops. Since I was focused on listening, the taxi driver had to tap my shoulder so I could get off at my stop. 

When I was arriving at Spikemuth, I was suddenly stopped by a young girl that looked fourteen. I immediately recognized who the girl was and identified her to be Marnie, the younger sister of Piers. "Marnie, what are you doing here?" I asked. "Piers ordered me to get ya to the hideout." she replied, to which I nodded. "Oh, okay." 

Marnie then started walking and I immediately dashed after her, so I ended up getting my foot stuck in the mud for a little bit. 

She then glanced at me. "By the way, Y/N?" she called me, making me shocked for a second. "Ya like Grusha, right?" she then asked. "Yeah, I like Grusha a lot." I replied. "Why?" 

"Oh! So these rumors are true then!" I nodded at her response. "Yep." 

We then entered the hideout and there were a ton of grunts. In the center was Piers, and when the song finished he looked at me and waved. 

"Oh, 'ello there Y/N." he said, waving once more. "Hi Piers!" I smiled and ran up to the man, also waving to the grunts and looking back at Marnie. "So, where are my Pokemon!" I asked. "I'll give it back, but we need to make a deal.." he replied, to which I was confused. "Huh? What deal?" I asked. 

"So I'll give ya yer Pokemon, and in return ya give me a fantastic Gym Battle." he said, and I nodded. "Deal." 

We then went into our positions. 

"See.. I'm... I'm really not a great Gym Leader." he said. "Figured that's why nobody was coming to challenge me." I then looked confused. "Uh, they're actually lining up outside but they can't seem to locate the entrance." I replied. 

He then went down the stage. "I have good ears, so I overheard the thing about the city bein' shut up." How I would have actually wished to have good hearing. "When I was alone, it was like my soul was weepin'." 

To be honest, I kind of agree with him. Being alone makes your life seem kind of sad. 

"This is a Simple Gym stadium. We can't even Dynamax our Pokemon, but well..." He said. "I still hope you enjoy the battle." 

What is Dynamax? Is it like our Terastalizing? Oh, I see how it is. 

At that moment, I started praying to Arceus that I could win this battle, even though I unwittingly signed up for it with my Pokemon. I also noticed the grunts go to a different zone to watch the Gym Battle. Well, shit-