You've really done it now

It was day one of year 8 and Harry had already been permanently excluded. He had been given his final warning at the end of the previous year and it didn't take long for him to mess up. Sometimes he just couldn't control himself. The wave of anger would rush over him and then he was gone. Nothing could halt him, and nothing could contain him.

Harry knew what he did was wrong, but he just couldn't stop himself. He hadn't meant to throw the chair at the window but by the time he realised what he had done the window was broken and the chair was on the ground below.

He felt bad for letting people down. His head of year had tried so hard to keep him in school, but Harry just wasn't good enough. He also knew that Hannah would be disappointed when she found out. Hannah was his big sister and Harry thought she was the coolest person in the world. She played football professionally for Aston Villa and everything about her was amazing.

Harry wasn't upset about letting his Mum down. She annoyed him and he annoyed her. Ever since Harry's dad had died things had been falling apart. Harry and his Mum argued every day about something or the other and it often ended in one of them saying something they regretted.

Harry was deep in his own thoughts when his head of year, Mr Bammer, poked his head round the door.

"You can come back in now, Harry," he said. Harry got up and reluctantly followed him in. His Mum was sitting in one of the chairs and crying.

"You've really done it now," she said as Harry sat down next to her. He didn't reply because he didn't have anything to say. Although it pained him to admit it, she was right.

***

The drive home was painfully silent.

"I'm sorry," Harry said in an attempt to break the tension. He didn't get a response and he knew that his Mum was really pissed off.

"Get up to your room. I don't think I can even look at you," his Mum said once they were home. Harry certainly didn't want to be downstairs, so he didn't argue and went straight up.

Once he was in his room, he flopped onto his bed and held his head in hands. He had messed up so badly. After a little while of just sitting and thinking a text popped up on his phone. It was one of his mates asking if he wanted to go out. He knew his Mum would say no but he was already so dead that what was one more bit of trouble?

Harry walked over to his window, opened it and shimmied himself down to the ground. It wasn't far to where he usually met his friends so he could easily get there himself.

He called these people his friends, but they weren't really mates. I mean sure, they met up a lot, but they had zero in common. They just hung around, had a drink and caused trouble. Harry was the youngest in the group, but they saw him as one of them and he liked that. It got him respect to be seen around with these guys and Harry liked being respected.

***

"Where the hell have you been?" Harry's Mum shouted as he walked back into the house. He had been trying to stealthily shut the door but obviously not stealthily enough.

"Please don't tell me you have been with those horrible lads again."

"They're not horrible. They're my friends," Harry argued. His choice of company was often a topic of great disagreement.

"No. Harry I'm not arguing with you again. You need to sort yourself out. I can't even tell you how disappointed I am. First you get kicked out of school and then you disappear off. What has happened to you? You never used to be like this. You used to be a nice little kid, but you've changed. You're mouthy and rude and downright disrespectful. I can tell you that your Dad would be so ashamed to see you now," his Mum told him.

"Don't you fucking dare bring Dad into this!" Harry shouted. His temper was flaring, and he knew it wouldn't be long before he flipped. His Mum was standing just glaring at him. He pushed past her and stormed off upstairs. He slammed the door behind him so hard the whole house practically shook.

As soon as he was in the safety of his own room, he broke down crying. He missed his dad so much. He knew he was in the wrong, but he still thought his Mum shouldn't have brought his dad into it. Harry leant up against the door and cried hard. He hadn't cried that hard since he was told about his dad's death. At least then he had Hannah to cry with. Now he was alone. After a little while he was aware of his Mum talking to someone on the phone.

"I just don't know what to do with him, Han. I can't cope. He's out of control. He was out drinking this evening. Yes, I know he's only twelve. I don't think he can stay here much longer. I worry for him, Han, I really do. If he stays here, I worry that he will get into something really bad. I mean you remember what happened over the summer. With the police. A whole night they kept him in that cell. Lucky it was only caution."

Harry didn't hear anything after that as his Mum had walked into the lounge and shut the door.

***

A/N: Hello! Sorry if you followed me because of my old stories and this isn't your kind of thing but I love The Lionesses more than anything and I'm excited to share this story with you. 

If you're here because you also love them then I promise you they are a very big part of the story and I'm currently just setting the scene.