It's finally home

The 31st of July. The UEFA Women's Euro Final. England versus Germany. Wembley Stadium.

Harry was too nervous to function. He felt sick and it was only half past ten.

The hours slowly dragged by and eventually it was time to leave. Through out the tournament Harry had worn different players shirts but there was no doubt whose shirt he would be wearing today.

He was wearing the green goalkeeper shirt that Hannah had worn in the first match and then given to him. With Hampton 13 on his back, he was ready.

The walk up Wembley Way was amazing. There were just thousands and thousands of people. Already the atmosphere was electric. Everybody was buzzing.

It was noisy. Really noisy. And Harry loved it.

Him, his Grandad and Mum all walked along. They had their family passes around their neck. It felt weird to be wearing a photo of his sister.

Some of Hannah's friends were coming and they agreed to meet at the top of the steps.

With everyone together and accounted for, they went inside. It was quite a while until kick off and they sat and chatted, completely buzzing about what was to come.

Harry spotted Mary's mum and dad and went over to say hello. They seemed to be even more nervous, you would be if your daughter was playing in goal in a major tournament final.

A loud roar indicated that the girls had come out to warm up. They seemed to be looking round, all of them trying to spot their families.

Hannah was scanning the crowd and her face completely lit up as she spotted them. Harry put both of his thumbs up and she returned the gesture. It was show time.

The national anthem was a thing of beauty as they all sang together.

As the match kicked off the stadium roared. Everyone was waiting. They all knew that this game was more than just a match.

Within two minutes Ellen had a shot that was caught by the German goalkeeper. It was tense but exciting. Harry cheered and screamed, feeling the love he had for this team running through his veins.

The teams were very well matched as everybody had expected. A powerful shot from just outside the box was headed away by Lucy.

"Jesus," Harry groaned, terrified at the thought of them going one nil down.

After England being the slightly stronger team in the first ten minutes, it was time for Germany to have some attacks. Everybody was on the edge of their seat, fully invested in the game.

A good corner from Beth was headed goal wards by Lucy but the keeper caught it easily. It was end to end stuff and with Germany's next corner came a total goal line scramble. It was a mess but eventually Mary pulled it safely into her arms.

Relief flooded through Harry. They were alright for now. It was a very good game. Not only was it a very important match but they were playing brilliant football.

About five minutes before half time, Ellen sent it just over the cross bar.

The half time whistle went and it was still all to play for. Harry was so nervous. His leg was bouncing up and down with adrenaline. He hoped beyond hope that they won.

As the whistle went for the second half, Harry soaked up the atmosphere. It was beautiful. The loud cheers and screams were like a deafening roar. He joined in with all the singing. This is what it meant to be a football fan.

Germany started the second half well and within the first three minutes, Mary had already had to make a few saves.

A shot from Magull was enough to make England fans hearts slow down. As the ball slid past the post, they all let out a sigh of relief.