This is war

Harry was bored. The girls were training and no one else was around so he went for a wander. He pushed the door open to a room full of boxes and being the nosy person he was he began rifling through them. The first few boxes were boring but the third one he opened was full of nerf guns.

It seemed to have been sitting there for a little while, so he picked it up and took it out into the hall. No one was using it so no one would miss it.

He started by setting up some targets and shooting them down. After a little while he could hear the girls coming back in from training. He ran to the top of the stairs and began firing bullets down at them.

"What the-," Ella began to say as she felt something hit her calf. She turned around to see Harry standing, shooting from above. As Less also turned to look, Harry caught her clean on the forehead. The distance was enough for it not to hurt too much but it still surprised her. Harry and Ella were both in fits.

"Where'd you get them?" Alessia asked as her and Tooney came to the top of the stairs.

"Found 'em," Harry replied.

"Oh my God, I've had an idea," Ella suddenly announced.

"Thought there was a funny noise," Harry teased her. Ella pulled a face at him.

"We could have a nerf war," she suggested. She seemed super excited and Harry and Less were all for it.

"Alright, yeah. We'll go get changed and Harry try and recruit some people to play," Alessia said as she and Ella ran down the corridor to get changed. It wasn't clear who was more excited; Harry, the child, or Ella and Alessia, the grown adults.

Harry managed to get Leah, Georgia, Ellie, Lotte and Hannah to agree to play and after some time for the girls to get out of their training stuff they were all assembled in the corridor.

"Right so I was thinking like two teams capture the flag, but you can shoot each other," Ella said. Everyone nodded that this sounded like a good idea.

"Teams can be Leah, Georgia, Harry and Hannah and then me, Less, Ellie and Lotte," Ella told them. They all grabbed a gun and a bib per team and went to set up camp.

It had been agreed that they could only set up on this floor.

"What's the plan?" Georgia asked as the four of them sat at their bit of the corridor.

"I was thinking we could hide it in that alcove space next to Demi's room," Harry said.

"Too obvious. We need somewhere they wouldn't think to look," Leah said. They all sat in thought for a moment.

"Oh my days, you know that chair that's up against the balcony by the stairs, try and squash it between there," Hannah exclaimed, a sudden brain wave hitting her.

"Yes, that's perfect," Harry agreed, excitedly. Hannah grabbed the bib and went and hid it while the others came up with a defence system.

"Me and Hannah can defend and you two go and attack," Leah said.

"What because we're the smallest?" Georgia asked.

"Exactly."

Hannah came back.

"We're ready," Harry shouted, loudly so the other team could hear. They heard Ella yell back that they were also ready, and the game began.

The four of them ran off to their positions and almost ran straight into Sarina.

"Sorry," they all chorused as they carried on past.

"Stop, what are you doing?" she called after them.