Keep believing

The Lionesses were set to play Latvia. They were all on the coach on the way to Doncaster.

It was a pretty chilled atmosphere. Harry, Hannah, Ellen and Jill were all playing cards.

It was relaxed and calm and everything felt just right.

They got to Doncaster at around half two and it was time for preparations.

Harry did his usual thing and just chilled out, watching Netflix on Hannah's laptop.

He also messaged Sam. Hannah had said that for one day and one day only he could miss live lessons and he was very happy to rub this in Sam's face.

Because it was an evening game, Harry got hospitality food (another thing to rub in Sam's face). He sat with Mary's Mum and Dad and very much enjoyed his roast dinner.

The game kicked off and England were far, far on top. Beth Mead scored after 3 minutes and then there was no stopping them. At half time it was 8-0 with 3 from Beth, 2 from Ellen and Lauren and 1 from Ella.

The second half kicked off and England were dominating. It was action packed and Alessia got a hattrick in 11 minutes. The game ended 20-0. Beth, Ellen, Lauren and Alessia all got a hattrick.

The scenes after the game were mad. Harry was walking with the team back to the coach. He usually went before them but today they came out quicker than usual.

Loads of fans were waiting around, shouting and cheering. It was all a bit much for Harry, the noise. Hannah got pulled away from him to talk to some fans and he could feel himself panicking.

He was overwhelmed and his breathing was quickening. It was stressful, the noise and the people and the flash of cameras and...

And a hand grabbed his and gently squeezed it. Harry looked up and made eye contact with Georgia. She smiled at him reassuring him that it was okay.

The atmosphere on the bus was mental. The team had broken all sorts of records and they were partying hard.

Leah had the music up high. That bus journey was brilliant. Harry could hardly remember any of it; it was all such a blur. But he knew that it had been a good blur.

***

It was the final day before camp finished. Harry had been down swimming while the girls did team building, and he was just walking back up to his room. He was in his own little world and his heart practically stopped when Ella jumped out from round the corner.

"You're such a bitch," Harry laughed. He began running after her, he had no plan of what he would do if he ever caught up with her, but he just went with it. Ella was streaks ahead as they ran, laughing, through the corridors.

"Sorry, Lee," Ella said as she pushed past Leah and began running down the steps two at a time.

"Sorry, Leah," Harry said as he too pushed past her and ran after Ella down the stairs. Leah laughed and shook her head as she watched the pair sprint away.

They carried on running but it didn't take long for Harry to get tired.

"Fine you win. I can't keep going," Harry panted, doubled over and trying to catch his breath.

"Knew I would," Ella said, cheekily.

They both walked back the way they had sprinted, teasing each other the whole time.

***

It seemed like no time at all to Harry since camp had begun and now it was over. Everyone was hugging and saying goodbye.

"Keep believing," Harry said as he embraced Leah.

"You're so cheeky," Leah told him as she laughed at his comment. They carried on chatting for a little bit and then Keira came over to say bye to the pair of them.

"Bye, Waltzy. I'll beat you next time," Harry joked, referencing their darts match.

"Will you now?" Keira asked him, raising her eyebrows sceptically.

After millions of goodbyes, it was time to drive back home. Harry had really enjoyed camp. He loved the girls. They took care of him but at the same time they were his friends. There wasn't any of them that he wouldn't be happy to have a conversation with. Out of all the players he'd say that he had the same sense of humour as Georgia, but he felt that he could have a laugh with all of them.

On the drive back, Harry and Hannah chatted away with the music blaring in the background.

***