Football's football

"Can I come in?" a voice asked from outside Harry's room.

"Go away," Harry shouted in response. Hannah ignored him and pushed open the door. In an attempt to get her back out the room, Harry threw his pillow straight at her head. She ducked just in time and the pillow smacked the wall behind.

"I just want to speak to you," Hannah said, kindly, as she sat on the end of Harry's bed. She had come in from training and was greeted with a whole speech about how rude her little brother was.

"What if I don't want to speak?" Harry asked. He was still feeling angry after the argument.

"Then you can listen to what I have to say," Hannah told him. She sat at the end of his bed and told him pretty much what his Grandad said without the insults and without the raised voice. She knew Harry didn't want to hear it, but it was true.

"Make sure you say sorry to Grandad. He was really upset with the things you said," Hannah told him when she'd finished.

"I was upset with what he said to me."

"I understand that, but someone is going to have start the apology and whether you like it or not, that person is going to be you," Hannah said. She had a way of making Harry do exactly as he was told without being mean and threatening.

Reluctantly, Harry got off his bed and went downstairs. At first his Grandad only glared at him as he tried to say sorry but after a little while he softened.

"I'm sorry as well, Harry. You are not stupid child. You make some stupid decisions but that doesn't mean you're stupid."

***

"Want to hang out on Saturday?" Sam asked as the pair sat waiting for form time to start.

"Sorry my sister is playing on Saturday," Harry told him.

"You can come if you want," Harry added as he thought about it.

"Yeah, yeah that would be cool."

"I will warn you though, they're playing City, so their chance of winning is low. I know I should have faith in my sister but I'm being realistic," Harry explained.

"Oh well. Football's football."

"Do you want to come to mine before and then my Grandad can drive us over? Also, we can probably convince my sister to get McDonalds for dinner," Harry said.

"Yeah, I'll come to yours and McDonalds sounds good," Sam agreed.

***

It was Saturday and Harry was waiting for Sam to arrive. There was a knock on the door, and he went to answer it.

"Hi," Sam said.

"Hi. Wanna come in?" Harry said as he stepped aside to let him in. Hannah was rushing around getting all her stuff together. She wasn't the best at being ready on time.

"Hannah, Alisha's here," Harry called to her as a car pulled up outside.

"Coming," she shouted as she hopped down the corridor pulling on her shoes.

"Hi Sam," she said, when she saw him.

"Hi," Sam replied.

"Right, I will meet you guys after the game. Be good for Grandad," Hannah said as she ran out the door.

"We will. Good luck. I'm sure you'll be great," Harry called after her. She hopped into the car next to Alisha and they began to pull away.

"Who is that driving?" Sam asked when the car was down the street and almost out of sight.

"Oh, that's Alisha."

"She is hot," Sam said plainly. Harry nodded his head in agreement. When the car was gone, Harry shut the door and the pair went up to his room until it was time to go.

They made it to the stadium and went and bought hot dogs before taking their seats.

The game went under way and unsurprisingly City were on top. With only five minutes gone, Georgia got the ball and powered forward. No one came to tackle her, so she shot from outside the box, and it went in.

"The defence is crap," Grandad groaned loudly. Harry and Sam nodded in agreement.

Five minutes before half time, City got another one and at the break they were 2-0 up.

Even though Villa were losing, Harry and Sam were having a nice time. They were joking round with each other and just generally having fun.

The second half went underway and in the 75th minute Georgia managed to get her second goal. They could tell from the stands that Hannah was pissed off at her defence.

The game ended 3-0 and Harry, Sam and Grandad went round to the players exit to wait for Hannah.

All the Man City players came out first and when Georgia spotted Harry she came over.

"Alright?" she asked.

"Would be if you didn't score so much," Harry joked.

"Just a baller, ain't I? It's in my blood to score," Georgia replied. They carried on chatting and soon Ellen, Keira and Lucy joined them.

They all chatted and joked around until the coach was practically pulling away without them on it.

"It's sick that you're just casually mates with the England team," Sam said when they left.

"Yeah, it is pretty sick," he agreed.

Hannah came out some time later looking pretty pissed off. The four of them walked in silence to the car.

"Just to warn you this might get heated. I'm sorry in advance," Harry whispered to Sam.

Harry was right it did get heated.

"That was a mess," Grandad said as he pulled out the car park.

"Grandad, I'm not in the mood. I know it's a mess. We all know it's mess. Please just don't talk about it," Hannah replied, angrily.

"Don't speak to me in that tone," Grandad told her.

"Seriously not in the mood," Hannah replied, glaring out the window. Harry and Sam exchanged a look.

"Young lady, I suggest you sort out your attitude."

"Jesus, you can't tell me what to do, I'm not 12!" Hannah said. She'd always had a slight temper but as she grew up it had calmed down a bit so her losing it was quite a shock.

"How dare-," Grandad started to say but Harry interrupted.

"Guys I'm loving that we're letting it all out, but could we not do that right now," he said. He really didn't want them to argue in front of Sam. Both his Grandad and Hannah sniffed in annoyance, but they shut up, nevertheless.

When they got home, Hannah stormed up to her room and Grandad stormed into the lounge.

"Lovely," Harry said, sarcastically. He took Sam up to his room and the two of them chatted for ages until they started to get hungry.

"Han," Harry said as he knocked on his sister's door.

"What?" she asked.

"Can you take us to McDonalds please?" he asked, hoping she would say yes. The door opened.

"Yeah, alright," she said.

Hannah seemed to have perked up a lot because she was joking along with the boys as they drove through to get food.

***