He just makes us all laugh

"My throat hurts," Harry groaned as he sat between Georgia and Leah at breakfast.

"It's your fault," he told G as he drank some apple juice in an attempt to soothe it.

"Well I've got something that might make you feel better," she told him, picking up something from under the table.

She handed it to him and he unfolded it to see a shirt with Stanway 10 on the back. He flipped it round and below the badge were the words Spain 20 July 2022.

"Thanks," he said beaming at her.

That afternoon Leah and Keira were on Lionesses live and Harry, G and Lucy went down to watch. It was very entertaining and they were having a right laugh.

At one point a tweet from Declan Rice popped up about Georgia and Keira being Keira began winding her up.

"What was it you said this morning about being the hero again?" she asked. They all started laughing at the way she had stitched her up.

"So we've got Harry here watching as well," Joelah said, gesturing to where he sat.

"And people are wanting to know what's it like to have him on camp?" she followed up.

"Yeah, yeah it's good," Keira replied, "Him and Georgia are quite the double act though."

"So they're the ones just trying to wind you all up?" Josh asked.

"I think everyone tries to wind each other up but those two are the best at it," Leah said. Harry and Georgia looked at each other and laughed. They were very good at winding people up.

"Who's their main target?" Joelah asked.

"Me," Leah replied, "No but in all seriousness it's great to have Harry on camp. Like we have all the sports psychologists and everything but no one can relax you as much as a thirteen year old boy. He just makes us all laugh."

"He comes out with the most random things as well," Keira added.

"He keeps camp interesting then?" Josh said. Leah and Keira looked at each other and the same thought passed through their minds. They both burst out laughing.

Harry knew exactly what they were thinking about. It didn't take long for Lucy and Georgia to catch on and they began laughing as well.

"I'll tell you a funny story, right, we were just sat in a tactics meeting the other day and out of nowhere we hear a loud scream. So we all go to the window to investigate and Harry is sprinting across the grass with a duck flying directly at his head. It was so funny. And then Tooney and Less go out to help him but they end up being chased as well," Keira explained.

"Less is like the clumsiest person ever so as she's running she trips over and without any hesitation Harry and Tooney just leap over and carry on," Leah finished.

***

That evening Harry was being a lot quieter than usual. He just sat quietly as they all watched Germany vs Austria.

"You alright?" Beth asked as she noticed that he hadn't said a word since the game kicked off. He nodded but she wasn't convinced.

As the game finished, Harry got up and quietly left the room. Leah noticed him go and ran to catch up with him.

"Going up to bed?" she asked.

"Yep," he replied.

"Want me to come to say goodnight?" she asked. She knew that Hannah usually did that but she was still having to be shut away.

"Yeah if you want," he told her. The pair of them walked up to his room with Leah trying to get a conversation out of him. He wasn't really talking back so she just spoke at him.

"Night Han. I love you," Harry called through Hannah's door before entering his room.

"Good night. I love you too," she called back. Leah waited outside while Harry got changed.

"I'm ready," he called after about five minutes.

"Good night," Leah said, embracing him. He stayed in her arms, enjoying the comfort.

"If you need anything at all, don't be afraid to call me. It doesn't matter what you need or what the time is, call," she told him. From the way he had been acting, she knew that something was up. He didn't reply.

"Harry, you will call me if you need anything," she said as she guided his face to look at hers. He nodded.

"Night night," she said, leaving the room and turning out the light.

"Thank you, Leah," Harry called after her.

***

Harry felt terrible. He didn't know why his head worked like this. He was having the time of his life and his brain still made him feel like shit.

He couldn't do this. He couldn't keep clean. But he had to. He didn't like hurting himself.

His brain was going into overdrive and suddenly he was nine years old again. His Dad was dead. His Mum was off crying. Hannah was trying to distract herself with football. And Harry was alone. Scared and very much alone.

He needed his sister but he couldn't have her. Who else was there? An idea came to him and he took out his phone. Trying to control his breathing, he dialled the number.

"Leah, I need you."

***