Girlfriend!?

It was game day. A World Cup Qualifier against Northern Ireland.

After lots of amazing play by England, Lauren managed to get a goal in the 26th minute. It was well deserved as the girls were playing so well.

Five minutes into the second half Lucy dribbled through a whole load of the Northern Ireland defenders and tapped it off to Tooney. She drilled it home and made it 2-0 England.

A beautiful through ball reached Lauren and she dribbled past the keeper and got her second of the match.

Georgia got the fourth and fifth goals, the fifth being a good volley, and the win was secured.

"G Stanway baller," Harry said as a soaked Georgia and Hannah came over to him.

Georgia smiled widely at him.

"Yeah, I played quite well," she said.

"Yeah, not too shabby, I suppose," he teased.

After the game they got the coach back to the hotel and about half the squad and Harry went to hang out in Millie and Rach's room. Everyone else either went to bed or went to watch a film in Lauren's room.

Everyone was busy chatting and it was a super nice atmosphere. Millie, Rach and Mary were trying to do a TikTok and as the sound played out into the room, Harry absent-mindedly began doing the moves.

"You know the dance?" Rach asked.

"Yeah, my girlfriend taught it to me," Harry replied, smiling at the memory of Elodie trying to teach it to him. He wasn't a particularly good student but they had a laugh so that was alright.

"Girlfriend!?" Mary asked.

"You didn't tell me you had girlfriend!" Georgia said, jumping into the conversation.

"Erm, well, I didn't need to mention it."

"Erm, yeah you did. You've got to tell me your big life decisions!" G told him.

"Oh, alright I'll make sure to tell you next time," Harry said.

"Is your girlfriend pretty?" Rach asked moving the conversation on.

"Did you ask her out or did she ask you out?" questioned Millie.

"How did you meet her?" Mary wanted to know.

"Aw teenage romances are so sweet," Alessia said, now joining in as well.

The questions were flying in and Harry turned to look at Hannah begging for help. She just shook her head, telling him that she couldn't do anything about it. In all honesty she was just as interested as the others were.

After an intense grilling where everyone in the room had at least three questions, Millie announced that they should probably leave him alone and then she forced him into doing the TikTok with them.

His co ordination was poor and at one point he managed to stand on both Millie and Rach's feet at the same time.

"It's a good job we've played already, isn't it?" Millie laughed, rubbing her sore toe.

They eventually filmed the video and soon everyone was off to bed.

***

They were now back at St George's Park. Camp usually ended the day after the final match but this time they were allowed to stay two extra nights because of their beach trip. They were all going to celebrate their Arnold Clark Cup win and Harry was very excited.

It reminded him of happy childhood days spent swimming in the sea with his dad and big sister. Those were days where all the focus could be on family. Not on work, school and football like it usually was. Often Harry could be ignored because they had to rush to Hannah's football or his parents were working but beach days meant he could have people's attention.

For now, Harry had to contain his excitement as they were having a film night. He was sat with Ella, Georgia and Alessia and they were being a bit too noisy for everyone else's liking.

"What should I wear tomorrow?" Ella asked.

"I'm wearing trunks if that helps," Harry added.

"Aw thanks really helpful," Tooney replied sarcastically.

"If you guys won't stop talking, go watch a film somewhere else," Lucy told them as she turned to look their way. She wasn't angry at them she just wanted to be able to hear what was going on.

"Shall we?" Georgia asked the others. They all nodded and the four of them headed up to Georgia's room.

Harry ran in and launched himself onto her bed, instantly getting himself comfy. At first, they had a film on but it soon got forgotten because they were so busy chatting. Soon their relatively normal conversations turned into random would you rather questions.

"Would you rather be a horse with three legs or be a mole?" Ella asked.

"Mole without a doubt," Harry said so quickly and confidently it sent the others into fits of laughter.

"Why were you so confident?" Alessia asked, laughing.

They spent the night chatting and laughing away and they only started nodding off in the early hours of the morning.

***