I've got ya bubs

As soon as she got the call, Leah went straight over to Harry's. She had just been getting into bed but making sure he was alright was more important.

When she entered his room, she found him curled up in the corner, crying and struggling to breathe. She ran to him and crouched down in front.

"You're okay. I'm here," she tried to reassure him. It didn't work and he still struggled to breathe. It was clear that he was having a panic attack.

"Harry, you need to try and follow my breathing, okay? Deep breath in and deep breath out," Leah said, doing it as she explained it. He looked at her with tear-stained eyes and began to try and follow her breaths.

"Good boy," Leah told him as he copied her. It took a while but eventually his breathing went back to normal.

"Come on, let's get you comfy and then you can explain what's going on," she said as she helped him to his feet.

Leah went and sat on his bed, her back against the headboard. She tapped her lap, indicating for him to get on. He did so and he nuzzled his head into her shoulder.

"What's going on pal?" she asked once they were comfortable.

"I don't know," he replied, his lip wobbling and the tears beginning to flow again.

"Hey, hey, I've got ya bubs," Leah reassured him as he cried harder. They sat like that for a little while, Harry breaking down in her arms.

"I'm a terrible person," he said, sadly.

"No you're not. Don't tell yourself that. You are an amazing person. You're funny. You look out for everyone. You bring joy to everything you do. We all love you so much. Please don't think any different."

"But I'm terrible. I stressed my Mum out so much she threw me out. I almost killed my Grandad for fucks sake," Harry wept.

"You didn't almost kill him. It was an accident. It could've happened any time. It wasn't your fault," Leah told him.

"It was."

"No, it wasn't."

They went back to silence; the only sounds were Harry's sobs. Leah rubbed his back, trying to calm him down.

"I just want my daddy," Harry said, so quietly it was barely audible. That sentence broke Leah's heart. She hugged him tighter as if keeping him close would stop him from being hurt. He was crying so hard now that he had to gasp for air.

Leah kissed him gently on the top of his head.

"Everything will be okay. I promise," she said.

***

Once Harry was back asleep, Leah left the room and walked slowly back to hers. She felt so sad. Why did he have to feel like that? He was only a little boy.

She didn't even realise that the tears were running down her cheeks until she caught her reflection in the window.

"Leah? Are you alright?" a voice asked from behind her. She turned around and saw Sarina standing in her dressing gown.

"I'm fine," she replied, quietly.

"No you're not," Sarina told her as she took a few steps closer.

"It's okay. You'll be okay," Sarina said, as she pushed the hair out of Leah's face and hugged her.

Leah was grateful of the comfort. Sarina was a very good boss.

***