You need to calm it down

It was lunch time. Harry and his friends were all sat on the field. Since he'd started dating Elodie both of their friendship groups had gotten closer and they tended to all sit around together.

It was total chaos but with a whole group of hormonal teenagers hanging around together what more would you expect?

Harry loved his friends and lunch times where they all messed around were the best. The only person he didn't like was Morgan. Morgan was dating one of Elodie's friends and he had sort of attached himself onto the group.

He thought he was much cooler than everyone else when in reality he was an annoying little boy. He always did stupid stuff to get a laugh but it was rarely ever funny.

Like today he was busy picking on a couple of other boys from their year. Harry didn't think it was funny. Instead, he felt a bit bad for the boys.

Morgan had stolen their football and was threatening to boot it over the fence.

"Don't be a dick," Harry told him. Morgan ignored him and with a stupid laugh, he booted the ball over the fence. It went over and out of the school grounds.

"I told you not to do that," Harry said as he stood up from his spot next to Elodie and walked to get closer to Morgan.

"So?" he asked, a stupid grin still planted on his face.

"So go get it back," Harry said, forcefully.

"No," Morgan said, laughing and looking round at the others to back him up. No one did.

"You guys are boring," he said and he began to walk away. Harry placed his hand on Morgan's shoulder to stop him from moving.

"Get it back."

The pair stared right into each other's eyes. Harry was feeling pissed off. Who was Morgan to go round doing whatever he wanted?

Elodie could tell that Harry was annoyed and she stood up to go and calm him down.

"Harry, leave it," she said, resting a hand on his back. He relaxed a little and let go of Morgan. Now that he had been released, he walked away and disappeared round the side of the school.

Harry still felt bad that they had lost their ball so he began to scale the fence to give it back to them. He landed on the other side, threw the ball over and began climbing back. Everything was fine until Mr Rae, the deputy head, came round the corner and saw Harry perched on the top of the fence.

"Get down now!" he bellowed. Harry did so, knowing he was in for shit. He was hoping that he could explain what had happened and be let off but Mr Rae was known as the strictest teacher in school so he wouldn't get away lightly.

"You better have a very good explanation young man," Mr Rae said as Harry stood in front of him.

***

It turned out that Harry did not have a very good explanation and he walked home from school knowing that his Grandad would be extremely pissed off.

He was right. His Grandad was very pissed off.

Harry hated to argue but he couldn't help himself. Things were said and his temper flared and then there was no turning back.

He sat in his room, seething after the argument when a knock came on his door. Harry couldn't help but groan. He loved his sister but he didn't want to deal with her now. Mostly because she would make some good points that he didn't like.

The original incident at school hadn't been that big but the things he'd said to his Grandad were straight up mean.

"Harry, you need to calm it down," Hannah said as she came and sat by her brother on the floor.