What it's all about

TW

It was time for the toughest opponent they would be facing in this camp. The Netherlands. Reigning European champions and ranked 2nd in the World.

The girls had been working especially hard for this match. It was their chance to prove that they would be the ones to beat in the upcoming Euros.

You could instantly see how close it was. Both sides were so desperate to win even if it was just a friendly.

Harry had asked earlier in the day why friendlies were seen as so important, he didn't think they could matter too much but boy was he wrong. He was met with hundreds of reasons of why they were so important and in the end he regretted asking.

After a Netherlands corner, they managed to score and England were behind. It was frustrating and Harry couldn't help but feel bad for them.

10 minutes later, an intended cross by Lucy ended up in the net and they were back even.

It stayed that way until half time. The second half was the opportunity for both teams to win. They were going into it evenly, how were they going to come out?

It wasn't looking good as Alex gave away a penalty. Harry was on the edge of his seat.

"Come on Mary. Save it," he heard Mary's mum mutter from his side.

The Dutch player set up and sent it wide. With the ball very much not in the goal, the whole stadium breathed a sigh of relief.

Not even two minutes later, England were off on the attack. A brilliant ball in from Lauren was powered home by Beth and in matter of minutes the whole game had been flipped.

Ella then came on and less than ten minutes later she looped the ball round the keeper and in.

England's fourth goal came from a scramble in the box. Bodies were everywhere and as the ball flew out, Lauren hit it first time and it went in.

In the last minute of normal time, Beth got her second, making it England 5 Netherlands 1.

The scenes after the game were mad. This was what England were all about. Playing exciting football and getting the goals.

"Not just a friendly now, is it?" Georgia said as she swung her arm around a celebrating Harry.

Since his media appearance in Millie and Rach's video, Harry had been asked to be involved in more stuff.

The young fans seemed to like listening to what another young fan had to say.

"Yeah well this is what this team is about. Getting the win with a solid five goals. Turned the game completely on its head and look where we are. I can't wait for this summer. England are exciting to watch, they play exciting football and that's what it's all about," Harry said, having to shout over the cheering in the background.

***

After the excitement of the game the day before, travelling back to St George's Park was quiet and even a little bit depressing. Everyone was sat doing their own thing and this gave Harry a chance to get stuck in his own thoughts.

He didn't know why he did but there he was. His brain was working at a hundred miles an hour, one half trying to convince him that he was terrible person and the other trying to say the opposite.

He didn't know why he is brain worked that way, it just did.

Hannah could tell something was up but she didn't know what.

"You alright?" she called over to him.

"Fine," he replied shortly. She decided to leave it. He was probably just tired from all the travelling.

She soon realised that something was definitely up because when Georgia tried to talk to him, he just completely blanked her.

The rest of the day was the same with Harry being extremely quiet.

"Is he okay?" Keira asked the others when he'd gone up to bed.

"I'm not sure. He won't talk to me," Hannah replied.

"He's a teenage boy. He's probably just feeling a bit hormonal. It happened to my brother when he was about the same age," Leah said, reassuring the others that he was going to be alright.

It worked and they all pushed any worries they had out of their minds.

***

Being upstairs by himself left Harry feeling very alone. A million thoughts of everything he'd ever done wrong flashed through his head.

He really was an awful person. He'd almost let his Grandad die for fucks sake.

Harry paced up and down trying to stop himself from doing it but he couldn't.

He deserved it. More than anything else he deserved it.

That night was the worse he'd ever hurt himself since starting self-harm. His left arm was completely shredded from the amount of times he'd pulled the blade over his wrist.

***

A/N: The new Lionesses documentary on YouTube is so good! Beth better win SPOTY and the girls better win team of the year or I'm over throwing the government.