You give pretty good advice for a boy

After dinner, everyone was chilling out. Harry was being quieter than usual. Something was on his mind.

"You alright?" Leah asked as they all sat around. The TV was on in the background, but nobody was that bothered with watching it. Harry nodded but didn't say anything.

"You sure?" Hannah asked him. He nodded again.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence, Harry opened his mouth to speak.

"You guys are girls," he said.

"Well spotted," Georgia teased him. Harry pulled a face at her and then went back to speaking.

"If someone else liked you, how would you want them to tell you?" Harry asked. He was looking down not wanting to see the reaction to his question.

"Ooo, do you like someone?" Leah asked. Harry nodded, still avoiding eye contact.

"Is it that girl from earlier?" Hannah questioned.

"Yeah," he replied.

"Well, if you like her, tell her. Simple as," Georgia told him.

"Seriously that's it?" Harry asked. Georgia smiled at how innocent he was and nodded.

"What if she says no?" Harry asked, quietly. He was a bit embarrassed about the whole situation if he was being honest.

"Then at least you'll know," Leah told him.

"And she might say yes," Hannah said.

"Yeah, I guess," Harry agreed.

"What's the worst that could happen?" Leah asked him. She was trying to reassure him, but it didn't work.

"She could say no. Tell everyone I liked her and then my mates would never stop grilling me about it," Harry answered.

"Forget your mates. If you really like her, tell her. Go up to her at school and when you're by yourself just tell her how you feel," Leah advised him. Harry nodded. It was solid advice.

***

It was game day. The girls were all preparing for a tough game vs Canada. Harry sat on the side of the pitch as they did their morning training. He loved watching them train. They took it so seriously.

Kick off was at half seven so it meant Harry could have a hospitality dinner. His Grandad wasn't coming to this game, but he would be at the next one. It was looking likely that Hannah would start.

As it often seemed to be these days, Harry sat with Mary's mum and dad. He had a classic of bangers and mash and by the time it was all gone he was fit to bursting.

The match was a tough one. Both teams were even but around 20 minutes in England had a corner. The initial chance was denied by the keeper but as the ball flew out Millie struck it on the volley, and it billowed in the back of the net.

The score stayed the same and at the break they were 1-0 up. The second half went underway and just 10 minutes after the restart Canada scored.

It was a battle for the last 35 minutes with neither side able to get another one and the game finished 1-1. It wasn't the result they wanted but it wasn't a lose so that was a positive.

Harry felt exhausted and pretty much as soon as the game finished, he went back to the coach. Luckily the driver could let him on, and Harry went and sat in the very back corner. He leant his head up against the window and fell asleep. He didn't even stir when the girls got on.

Leah was tired after the match, and she just wanted to sit quietly on the coach. She walked to the back and saw Harry was asleep in the corner. She sat next to him, careful not to make any noise.

Hannah walked to the back of the coach to make sure Harry was okay.

"Sorry I can move him if you want?" she said when she saw Leah next to him.

"No, it's fine. Leave him here. I don't mind," Leah said, smiling.

The coach pulled out the car park and Leah couldn't understand how Harry could sleep with the girls making so much noise at the front.

About 15 minutes into the journey, Harry began to stir a bit. He was thrashing around, clearly having a bad dream, but he wasn't actually awake. Leah put an arm round him and gently pulled him into her side.

Instantly, Harry calmed down. The human contact, the fact someone was there, was enough to relax him.

Harry slept with his head resting gently on Leah's chest. She stroked his hair absent-mindedly and carried on just scrolling through her phone.

20 minutes later, the coach jolted, and Harry suddenly woke up. For a second he was confused as to where he was and then he realised he was lying on Leah.

"Oh sorry," he said sleepily, moving away.

"It's fine. If you're comfy, you can stay," Leah told him, smiling reassuringly. Harry thought about it and then lay back down.

The two of them spoke for a little bit before Harry drifted off again. He felt safe with Leah there. It felt like she was protecting him almost.

***

Harry was just wandering around St George's Park. The girls had training and he took this as an opportunity to just go look around. It was starting to get a bit dark. Harry saw a figure sitting on one of the benches up ahead. He guessed training must've finished and it was one of the girls.

As he approached, he realised it was Georgia. She was staring off into the distance not really focusing on anything around her.

"You alright?" Harry asked when he was within ear shot. Georgia seemed to come out of her trance, and she nodded, vaguely.

"You sure?" he asked. He gave her a look, asking for permission to sit and she nodded.

"What's up?" Harry was worried about Georgia. She wasn't the kind of person to sit on a bench by herself just thinking about things.

"It's just, playing for England, I get put in the right position and I love it and it makes me realise how much I don't like playing at City. It used to be brilliant, but it's changed. I want to leave but I'm scared to move away from everything I know," Georgia explained.

"You've got to love what you do. If you don't love it at City, then give another club a try. You have to play for the joy of it. Don't muck through just because it's all you know. You can't damage that love of football just because one club isn't being run properly," Harry told her. G sat for a minute, mulling over his words.

"Maybe you're right," she said, "Maybe I need a fresh start."

"As much as I tease you, you are a great player. I'm sure any club would have you," Harry told her. She smiled at this.

"Thanks, Harry. You give pretty good advice for a boy."

"I do my best," Harry said. The two of them sat on the bench until it began to rain, and they went inside.

***

A/N: Can we just talk about how violent lunch time football is? Within 5 minutes of playing today this boy fly kicked another boy in the back and people were having to restrain one of them. Then not even two minutes later this boy kicked my toe and I couldn't put any weight on it so I had to go to medical. It still hurts now but we move.

Anway I'm so shocked that Brazil got knocked out. I had them in a sweep stake and I was so sure that I was going to win.