B.B || Through Fire And Water

Well this is a sad/fluffy one. You should thank me because I was this close to kill y/n and give Bucky more trauma. But no I am a good person.

Words count: 1530

September 1 1934: last first day.

Bucky's pov:

I get in the car and drive to y/n's house. "Are you going to celebrate your one year together?" Steve asks me from the back sit. I don't let anyone sit passenger. It's y/n's place to sit. Always.

"Of course i will, you dip" I chuckle. "I took some money from my uncle and we're going to watch a movie at that new thing called theater"

He taps my shoulder excitedly. "The one with the heavy pockets?" I nod my head. I look to my left and y/n is hugging her father and her little brother.

She walks towards our car and smiles when she sees me. She goes to sit in the passenger and kisses me softly.

"Wait-" Steve stops us. "Happy anniversary" he pulls out two copies of The Hobbit. "I remember that you said that you're keen to read these" he uses a British slang word.

"Where did you learn that word? You are not British Stevie" y/n laughs. "I bet it's from that teacher Mrs Carter" y/n laughs.

"Yeah I think he want to have a little chat with her" y/n laughs again. If I'm being honest, I don't care about Steve's little... something there, I just want to hear y/n's laugh.

But for my worry, we arrived school, so that means that laugh is going to only show up this evening.

Steve is already out, because this nerd loves school. Y/n gets out of the car and I get out as well.

"Are you ready?" I ask her, holding her right hand. "Yes. But don't forget. No matter how much school make you bent, I will always be with you. Trough fire.. and water" she kisses me and leaves since the bell rang.

I stand there, shocked. "I love you, doll!" I scream. She turns around. "I love you too, James Barnes. I'll see you at lunch!"

1943 December:

"I can't believe that you guys are together for 9
years" Steve says. I look at y/n and kiss her.

"Yeah. Too sad that you never had a girlfriend" I joke. Y/n slaps her hand on my chest softly. "James don't say that. He didn't mean it Stevie, you are going to find your girl one day" why do you have to be an Angel??

I nod at Steve so he would leave. "Where did Steve-" she looks down and sees me on one knee, holding the ring I gave her.

"I don't really have a speech but.. I love you doll. I never stopped. And I know it's the worse time of all times but.. you make me a better man. And I wish to be your husband. So y/b y/l/n, I talked to your dad, and he said yes. Now will you?"

She's silent.

She jumps on me and kisses me. People are cheering and THE Howard Stark himself stopped his show, to watch us.

"Is that a yes?" "Of course if a yes you idiot" she kisses me again.

17 minutes later:

"Engaged huh?" Steve comes with beers. "Yeah. Forever. Through Fire and Water" y/n kisses me. "Why do you always say that?" I ask her.

"Idk. Probably cause it's true"

"I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow" I say soon as Steve leaves because he felt awkwardness. I feel tears leaving my eyes, but y/n wipes them.

"It's okay. I'll be here. I'll wait"

October 1943:

Steve's pov: