S.K || you really shouldn't

Y/n breaks up with her bf and Steve is a little to happy.

Words count:697

Y/n's pov:

I knock on the very familiar door. I've been here at least a million times by now. I should even get my own key at this point.

"Open!" Steve yells from what I assume is the couch. I open the door and get in. "How we're the girls acting today?" I ask.

He scoffs and looks down. "Jane is officially dead" he says. "Aye, thought she'd last longer" I say as I open the door to the nest fridge.

"We don't have anything for us. It's all sold out" dang really? "Even Dylan?" I ask. "Even Dylan. Man she was tasty" yeah she was.

"Well, how was your date night with Andrew?" He asks me. I chuckle.

"If breaking up with him in a restaurant, and then him making a scene and the whole restaurant yelling at me because "I broke his heart, is considered good then... good" I smile:

He looks... happy? No- shocked? Maybe- angry? Man this guy is hard to read.

"Okay please say something. I feel like I just opened more about myself and you're making me regret it" he coughs for... no reason?

"Dude if you're sick le-" "I'm sorry. Umm is there a reason to why you broke up with him?" He asks.

Wow we're getting personal. Me and Steve are close but more of like fun friends close. I just didn't really consider him as some one I can talk to and break down to.

Maybe he is?

"Umm it didn't work out. I heard from Isa that he's crushing Uber Lily, so I just broke up with him" I say trying to avoid mentioning how I cried for two days.

"Are you sad?" Not now. "We were together for only 7 months. Not a lot of time to get too attached" I take a beer for the fridge.

"Maybe but hearing that the person you're dating loves someone else is rough" yes it is.

I don't feel comfortable talking talking about this with him. He's my best friend but there are stuff I don't like to talk to him about. I mean I had the biggest crush on him at first.

Now he's just a friend (Adrien???)

"Maybe, but I didn't come here to talk to you about my love life" I take a sip out of my beer. "That's too cold" and yet I take another sip.

Maybe I'm trying to drink away the pain? Idk but I'm Y/n Y/l/n, I need to be professional.

"Okay so to-" "y/n wait" he says. He walks closer to me, but I can't walk backwards because I'm leaning against the kitchen counter.

"You can talk to me. I'm your friend. Friends supposed to be helping each other. Talk to each other. You act as if I'm your brother but I'm more than that" he takes my free hand and holds it.

"Yeah you're my best friend-"

"I want to be more" what. The. Actual. FUCK?
"I know you and your ex just broke up but, I've been waiting. Waiting for too long to do this, and if I won't do it then my heart will eventually explode.

"I want to be with you. Romantic style" he references my favourite show. When Jake confessed his love to Amy just a second before he had to go undercover.

Maybe I want to be with him...?

"We can try... y'know maybe I like you too" I try to as confidently as I can, but I feel my cheeks starting to look red. My blood daring to pop out of my body, reacting to how close he is to my face.

"Romantic style" I add. He laughs. "I am so happy you and your little shit of an ex broke up" I chuckle.

My gaze goes down. "Maybe you shouldn't be too happy about it. I am sad"

"Can't help it, bunny. I'm so damn happy" I look up at him again and he softly yet passionately kisses me.

And finally after 4 years of friendship, the two of us confessed our feelings.