S.S || Flowers

Y/n is older than Sebastian and they've been together for 5 years. He proposes today but she says no because she's 50 and thinks she lost her chance to get married

Words count: 980
Warnings: a little bit steamy.

Y/n's pov:

I look at my beautiful garden. Flowers were always one of my favorite things. That's why I own a flower shop.

My partner Sebastian Stan is an actor. A successful one if I May say. For the longest time he had been reminding me that our age difference didn't matter. That he loves me regardless of the year I was born in.

And for the longest time I believed that.

I see two flowers next to each other. One has full grown into a beautiful flower with glamorous combination of colors.

And the other one has died. Its yellow leaves no longer shine in the sunlight. It had turned black. It's falling and looks ready to let go.

One leave has disconnected from the dead flower and it flies away with the wind. I am that flower. That dead ugly sad flower. And Sebastian's the flower who's still standing beautifully with an amazing posture.

Maybe I need to let go as well.

I grab my gardening supplies and disconnect the floor from the ground. "Y/n" I hear the sound of Sebastian behind me.

I turn around and see him wearing a suit. I don't recall him having a premiere. "Can you come after me?" He asks reaching his hand to mine.

I hesitantly grab his hand and he leads me towards our house. "Close your eyes" he whispers in my ear. I obey and he opens the front door.

He helps me walk to a certain place in the house. "Okay, open" as I look around i gasp. The house if full of flowers.

Roses, Sunflowers, Hydrangeas, Lavenders, Pennies, Daisies, Tulips, Lilies, Dahlias, Irises and Carnations.

My favorite types.

I turn to look at him again to see him on his knee. Is he..? "Y/n. We met 5 years ago at your flowers shop. I was buying flowers for my friend as a congregation gift for her new movie award. You were the kindest person I met. You helped me pick a type for at least 30 minutes because I kept overthinking it.

"I asked for your number and you didn't hesitate. I believe that your were fond of me as well. But that wasn't the moment where I fell in love with you.

"It was a year later. You spent the night at my place and you were reading a book. You started crying because the main couple had to break up. You said 'god why am I crying over fictional characters' and laughed.

"That was the I fell in love with you, my princess. So, will you make me the happiest person alive and Marty me?" He ends.

I cry. I just cry. "I'm sorry" I shake my head. He stands up in shock. He takes a gentle hold of my arms. "Why? Do you want to tell me?" He asks.

I can see from the look of his blues that he's hurt and upset. "Sebastian. You're young. I am 50 and in a very few years I can retire" I say.

He blinks fast and stutters before finding the current words. "I- no. You're not. Yes you can retire in a decade or less but I can retire in two. It's not a huge difference"

"When you were born, you didn't speak and you cried and breastfed from your mom. When you were born, I was 10 and I spoke fluently. I ran with friends and got my first period. There is a difference" I feel the tears starting to come out, but I try my best to resist it.

"But you didn't date me when you were 10-" "when I was 18 you were 8. You laughed and had a crush on your mom. When I was 31 you just had your first drink. And so on and on and on. Our age gap is something that we cannot ignore" he looks down and I feel his tears falling on my hands that he's holding.

"H-how? Tell me exactly how and why does it matter" he sounds angry. I hate this. Seeing him angry makes me want to hold him. "You have so much in front of you. Seriously Sebastian you could get any girl bigger than 30. I am just an ugly old woman."

He looks at me again and simply kisses me. I bring my hands to his neck and deepen the kiss. I feel him him against my lips and I snap back to reality.

"Sebastian I think we should break u-" and he kisses me again. His right arm finds my lowers back and he pushes me towards. His left hand goes to grab my neck.

"No" is the only thing he says. With his left hand he shoves my hair to the right. I tilt my neck to the side and he moves to kiss me there.

"Yes?" He asks. "What?" "Marry me? Don't think about age, because that doesn't matter—" he stops to plant three more kisses. "I love you.  And I know for a fact that you love me. So, marry me? I've waited long enough"

I moan as he hits my sweet. "Yes. I will marry you" he takes my left hand with his right, and puts the ring in my ring finger.

He grabs the hem of my shirt and takes it off. He goes to kiss my breasts. "I'm not so in the mood" I whisper.

I sigh, feeling dumb. Great. I just ruined my engagement. "I'm sorry. So sorry" he shuts me out with a gentle pack on the lips.

"It's okay baby. The only thing that matters is changing each other's name to 'Fiancé'"