B.B ||far from home

I'll do that :)

I'll do that :).

Words count: 1150.

Y/n's pov:

I love New York. Really love it. I love how you can always find people who will help you in the bathroom, random person who'll fight for you.

I think New York is amazing.

Too bad Bucky doesn't. I mean he loves US, there are a lot of places that remind him of his young self.

But as we pass more and more days, years and months, he's getting more farther away from his past.

"How much for the coffees?" Bucky asks the barista. "10$ please" okay that's insane. We literally just bought two espressos.

"Ugh herE" Bucky sighs. I look straight to his eyes, seeing disappointment and sadness. He misses 1940. He really misses it.

*2 days later*

It's gotten worse.

Bucky got annoyed even more. We saw a random hotdog cart in the street, so we wanted to check it out. He found out that two hotdogs cost 6$.

"Really man? That's practically stealing" Bucky breathed. "Yeah well what are you going to do about it, bro?" The cashier said.

Bucky looked at him pissed as fuck. "Well I'm going to ask nicely to pay less" he tried to stay calm for me. He hates it when I see him mad. He thinks this is an ugly emotion, and I shouldn't see him like that.

"Sure hone, take it it's free" the cashier joked, which made Bucky even angrier. "Liste-" "hey avenger, I have other customers and if you're not going to buy, leave" the cashier said rudely.

Bucky grabbed my hand and we walked away that day. I never got to eat lunch.

I tried showing him the beauty of NY. How beautiful it can be, even tho it's modern. He didn't see what I see. He just saw a normal park.

"It's just a regular park, people studying talking laughing. Who cares?" He said. "It's about that. See how this group of people is dancing with these complete strangers? It's just because they have music, they don't know each other" I pointed at two groups.

"And these girls who are looking at this guy giggling?" He hummed in agreement. "And the flowers around these little girls who are running and laughing?"

"Y/n I don't get your point" he said. "It's beautiful. How it looks. See how all different types of people hang around here, and no one says anything? They just have fun, drunk beer, meet strangers and learn? That's the beauty of New York" I expressed excitedly.

"Well I'm glad you like it, doll. But I don't really. Let's go home" he petted my shoulder and started heading towards the car.

I thought a lot about what I can do to help him see the beauty of NY. But then it hit me. He doesn't want to try seeing the new beauty of NY.

He wants to see the old beauty of it. Now I think I have an idea how I can give him that feeling for a few hours.

Bucky's pov:

I feel like shit. I disappointed y/n with now liking New York. I know how much she likes it. How excited she is to see parks and normal book cafes.

I don't get it though.

I miss the old New York. Where you could always catch a group of friends being drunk; though it was just morning.

Where you could go to a random bar, sit in a booth and have the time of your life without even drinking.

I don't have the here. Now people are too carful to not drink in the morning. You go to a bar and every person there is acting like it's their 21 birthday.

She showed me a park. She started talking about all the simple "beautiful" stuff there. I just saw a bunch of people making noise.

I disappointed here though I know she won't say anything. She grew up here. She learned how to love everything I hate. She learned how to love phones and apps. How to have her own independency as a woman. How to actually hate classics and make writes because they always write woman as her only hobby is loving the male character.

I grew up to love NY by its own beauty. Back then we all stuck to the brown stylish clothes.
To old phones and cameras. We learned to respect women, but not as equally. We loved classic and now I don't really like anything else.

I get her point. And in most stuff I agree. It's nice to see people dress as they want, and not the same. It's nice and amazing that women can be even bigger and stronger than men. But all the other stuff is bullshit in my opinion.

I mean why do we need a whole app that's about watching people talk or dance. Back in my days, you could've found many people randomly dancing to a song while drinking milkshakes.

Love: hey baby, just wanted to let you that I have a little surprise at home. Just lmk when you coming <3

I stare at this message.

Me: on my way.

I take a cab and head to our home. We moved out of the compound a few months ago. It's nice not having everyone hearing us making love.

I get home and there's a sign on the door. It's an old metal sign that says "knock please". The metal reminds me of the 40's.

I knock and the I hear y/n voice yelling "open my love" I open the door to see the house full of 40's furnitures.

The couch is leather brown. The curtains are yellow with blue flowers. There's 40's music playing from the vinyl.

I look straight and see Y/n holding cookies. This is all really 40's. She's wearing a dress with a corset and her hair is full of gel. She looks like a woman from 1940.

"Wh-" "I'd ask you to dance with me , but I think we are in a different kind of.. era" she winks.

I take a cookie and grin widely. "Will you, my beautiful beautiful lady, dance with me?" I ask her.

She puts the cookies down. "Yes my dear lovely partner, I will" she puts her hand on mine and we start to sway to the rhythm of the music.

"Do you like my surprise?" She asks softly. "Love it. But it is weird seeing you wearing a corset, very out of character of you" she chuckles.

"It's okay to get out of my comfort zone for you my love. Even if it'll take years for you to see NY as I do, or even never. I will forever love you" she says.

I smile and for some reason I need to fight tears. "Our differences is what makes us good" she kisses me.