𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 || 𝐃𝐮𝐤𝐞

"𝐇𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐚"

──────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

September 11th
4:55 pm
Orlando, FL

The sound of carts and people walking filled the supermarket. Brooklyn was there picking up a few things for dinner tonight.

She looked down at her written list, and once everything looked checked off, she balled it up and stuffed it in her black cargo pants and continued to the register to get ringed up.

Her medium pink Frenchie designed nails tapped softly against the gray metal cart as she waited patiently in the line when suddenly she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

She pulls the device out and looked at the caller's I.D. before answering it.

"Yeah?" she answered as she began moving a little in line.

"Is that how you always answer the phone?"

Yes "No, sorry mom."

"No, no, it was just a question" she laughs a bit.
"I just called to check up on you, that's all"

Brooklyn looks down feeling the smile begin taking over her face "Thanks and I've been good"

"That's good, honey. I miss you"

"I miss you too ma"

"So come see me" she almost cheered " you know my birthday is this Saturday, I want you and Matty to spend it with me."

"I'll come, but have you contacted him?"

"No, but maybe—Your total is 92.48"

"Hold on"

Brooklyn grabbed her wallet from the purse that was placed in the front of the buggy and pulled out her card. She swipes it and punches in her code.

"Thank you and have a nice day," The cashier said handing her the receipt

"You too. Alright, mom what were you saying?"

"Call Mattew" she responded more bluntly

"What makes you think he would answer me if not you"

"I don't know, y'all always we're so close"

"Yeah we're, he calls me, just as much as he calls you" She switches the phone from the right ear to the left as so unlocks her car with the keypad then opens the trunk. "Imma try but don't get your hopes up, I had to learn the hard way with him."