𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞 || 𝐁𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

"𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭"

──────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡
𝟏:𝟒𝟑 𝐚𝐦
𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨, 𝐅𝐋

She closed her eyes feeling a mix of emotion build up inside her. She sighed as her knees pressed against her chest, listening to her mom vent on the other side of the phone.

She was trying so hard to convince Brooklyn to not make any hasty decisions like moving in with a man with a criminal lifestyle.

"Ma it's late, can we talk about this tomorrow," she said looking over at Giovanni's sleeping body.

"I know but think about what you're doing before he close the deal on the house, I'm worried and want to help."

"You're not helping" She sighed, taking her eyes off the man next to her. "Just let me figure my own life out."

"Listen, Brooklyn, me and your father work too hard for you to just ruin your future over a man." Beverly pushed her concern further, she just didn't want her daughter to do something that she would regret.

"I really feel like I'm repeating myself." Brooklyn groaned, getting irritated at the way she was constantly telling them the same thing. "I wasn't asking you to move out, I was telling. It's time for me to start my life and if you and Dad can't support me and my decisions then I guess I'll have to leave you both behind."

Beverly lifted from the silky duvet, letting it fall from her body. "You would cut off your parents over a man?" She asked as she crossed her arms over each other, she couldn't believe what she was hearing from her daughter.

"Its not just about him. You or him can't respect my decision that I'm making as an ADULT." She made sure to emphasize.

"Ya'll can't even respect me as a person, so yes I'm very willing to cut off my parents."

There was a pause between the two, they both had to soak up everything that was said.

Yes, it hurt Brooklyn to say that, but was also something that needed to be said. If she didn't put her foot down, she would never grow apart from them and freely do what she wished to do.

"Goodnight ma." Brooklyn spoke up feeling like if they continued, they would only say more hurtful things. "And I love you."

"Good night bam," Beverley said before hanging up.