nuestro hijo | chicharrito hernandez & giovani dos santos

your pov

"amor, ahora regreso voy por algo para desayunar." i see him before he leaves and he leans down and gives me a kiss. i kiss him back.

how much i love my husband oh words couldn't even explain. yet why have i been thinking about him. it's not love with him it's hatred.

i don't know what's wrong with me. it's been years. why now? i've been happy with my husband. why do i keep thinking about javier. why? when all he did to me was break my heart. he refused to care for his son. he cared more about materialistic things than us.

i was removed from my thoughts by some tiny footsteps running towards my room. "mami can we go to the park when papi comes back from the store?" i look at my four year old son. the older he gets the more he's starting to look like javier. his innocent eyes looking at me the same way his fathers would. it scared me a little but i would eventually have to tell him. i knew it was going to break his heart but giovani would make it better. giovani has healed my broken heart. i knew that he would do the same for our son.

"claro que si mi rey. pero primero tenemos que comer." he pouts but nods understanding. we wait for gio to come back. he took up the role as my son's father when i had no one. that's why i named my baby after him giovani. i hoped that one day my boy can be as much of a man as his pa. giovani was all i could ask for and more.

after finding out javier cheated on me i left him. i just disappeared. he didn't look for us which broke my heart but i had known for a while that he was changing. i don't know if it was the money or the fame. i don't know what happened. we spent 5 years together and i made sure he knew how much i loved him. how i wouldn't trade him for a thing but walking in on him with someone else really broke me. especially because he knew i was carrying his child. i felt my life crumbling down but it made me realize that if it was going to be like that it would be better to do this alone. thankfully i didn't have to do alone because of giovani.

i hear the door opening and my chaparro rushes to the door to greet his papi. gio comes in holding a bag of what i assume were tamales. he set them on the table and grabbed three plates. i sat down on the table and waited for the two to join.

"doña luz pregunto por ti y el chaparro. dijo que para la próxima te daba un atole." i laugh. doña luz. how much i love her. she was always by my side too. when i found out i was pregnant she was the first to know. hell she told me. i remember her words. "mi niña creo qué tienes un compañero. a ti no te gustan los tamales de dulce pero a este bebito si." now that she has her store i love to go in and help. she always helped me so i have to give back to her.

i smile at the thought of doña luz. "chaparro para la próxima vamos con papa para ver a la tia luz." he nods as he shoves a tamal in his mouth. we eat our tamales quietly making small conversation every once in a while.

we decide to walk to a nearby park after eating. my chaparro kicked a ball ahead of us. as the years went by my chaparro was getting more and more into futbol. which of course was not a bad thing. i was just scared he would idolize javier. i was scared that he would want to be like the person who didn't care about him.

"giovani, no corras chaparro." my man runs after him as he runs towards the park excited. i laugh at them and make my way behind them. i walk towards them but notice a man taking pictures of us. i furrow my eyebrows and rush to giovani. "amor creo que alguien nos está tomando fotos." giovani saw what i was talking about. it was so sketchy. the man had his entire face covered. giovani grabbed the chaparro and told him we would be back another day. he looked sad but understood.

we walked back to our home but i felt odd. it was scary to think some stranger had pictures of my family. giovani opens the gate to our home. "chaparro si quieres jugamos aquí afuera." chaparro nodded excited. i heard the click of a camera and turned around. "amor dime que escuchaste eso." giovani was ahead of me. he had spotted the person and ran towards them. the person was stunned but before they could get up giovani had tackled them down. i grabbed chaparro by the hand scared. "amor háblale a la policía." i nod and quickly get my phone out but the person yells. "no no por favor! alguien me contrato! por favor déjenme explicar!" giovani held the person not letting them go. who would want to stalk us? we were just a normal family.