mesera | javen romero

your pov

another day, another dollar. i tie the apron around my wait twice and grgab my notebook. waitressing isn't the best but it helps pay the bills. i look around at the already busy resturant and let out a sigh. today is going to be a busy day for sure.

i make my way to a table filled with boys. "buenos días como les puedo ayudar?" they all turn their heads in my direction, getting quiet. i smile at all of them. one of them stands up and says. "nos das otro segundo. no creo que estemos listos aun." i nod and make my way to a different table. i get their drinks written down and go to fetch them. "tengo una coka, dos aguas, y un jugo de naranja." i place all of the drinks down on the table and take their order.

on my way to the kitchen i stop at the table with the boys again. "estan listos." they all turn their heads in my direction, once again. silence falls upon them. the same one from last time stands up. "todos queremos agua si esta bien." i nod and count their head. 12 in total. i go into the kitchen and bring out the waters slowly. i then take their order. the silence falls again. the only ones i could hear where the ones ordering their food. do i have something on my face? on my apron? why are they so quiet? i take their order, smiling again and leaving towards the kitchen.

the cook yelled at me to pick up the finished order. i quickly made my way back to their table. i place the plates down slowly. "gustan algo más?" i ask before leaving. the same one from before stands up. "si mi amigo quiere tu numero." they all point to the same boy with wavy hair. i blush. well there's the reason for the silence. i smile at him and get my notebook out. i write my name and number on the paper and rip it. i hand it to one of them and it feels like the scene from nemo with all of the seaguls. "aver. aver yo quiero ver! aver. aver. andale. averlo. dacelo a javen! aver!" i laugh and make my way to the kitchen.

i see my friend maggie. "what are you so smiley about." i shrug and tell her. she starts teasing me with the typical "tu novio."

i go back to the table to check up on them. "javen, ya llego tu novia!" i laugh at them and look at the boy who sunk into his seat, shyly. "javen no le vas a hablar a tu novia." i place my hand on my hips and look directly at him as i say that. they all look back and forth between the two of us, all with wide eyes. i turn to walk back to the kitchen, before i could reach the kitchen i felt someone grab my hand holding me back. i turn and see javen. "perdon son un poco inmaduros." i laugh and tell him it's okay. "dejame presentarme bien. me llamo javen romero. creo que estas muy bonita y me gustaria salir contigo algun dia." i smile looking at him and tell him my name. "tambien me gustaria salir contigo algun dia pero ahora tengo que trabajar." he nods understanding and goes back to his table.

i rush into the kitchen. i knew for a fact that my face was red like a tomato. maggie looks at me and raises a brow. "y tú que? te comiste un chile o que?" i shake my head she squints her eyes and then it pops into her head. "aaahhhh tu novio! cual es?"

we make our way to the window of the kitchen door. i point towards the table of boys and tell her. "el que está allá con el pelo largo y chino." she snorts. "consigue me a uno de sus amigos no seas gacha." i laugh and roll my eyes at her.

i hear my name being called. i look and see that the manager wanted me. "que paso?" i walk to the manager.

"it's getting full i'll be doing your tables can you handle the register and seating." i nod and quickly get to work.

i see the hoard of boys coming my way. one of them pays for all of them and they head out whistling and picking on javen and i.

the boys leave and only javen stays behind. "te mando un mensaje." he winks at me and i smile. well it wasn't just another day at work.

buenas buenas!!! so i took a final yesterday and i was scared for my life. i have really bad allergies and i kept sneezing it was bad. i have two more finals left so woohooo. i also have a project but i'm halfway done with that so that's good too. with this one i should be all caught up with requests. so please throw some more at me (pls don't go crazy tho.) love y'all and it's good to be sorta back!