tormenta | esteban lozano

your pov

you walk around the familar neighborhood with your abuela. the only times you ever passed by here were always because of her. the sky was clouded and you knew it was a bad idea to come by foot. the clouds became darker by the second. finally the rain poured over you and abuela. you look over at your abuela as she tried to cover her head. you held her hand and tried to run to the nearest place to seek shelter. she looked around and took the lead.

oh god no.

not this house.

your abuela looked at the house and smiled at you menacingly. of course she had this up her sleeve. i look down at my soaked outfit. great. just great. the white shirt you had on was now see through yet all abuela cared about was getting your man back.

you and esteban had broken up months ago. it was the best for the two. you still loved him but it was obvious he felt differently. your abuela knocked on the puerton waiting for them to open it.

you see the door open and out comes esteban with an umbrella. you smile awkwardly and you abuela immediately starts talking. "ay mijito es que nos atrapo la lluvia y venimos de pie. nos dejas quedarnos mientras se calma todo." esteban smiled softly at your abuela and led yall inside the house letting y'all use the umbrella he had for himself.

y'all walk into the house where you would spend all your time at. it felt like a second home back then. now all you could think of is how to get the hell out of there. he let y'all take a seat. a girl came down the stairs "amor quien era." you all turned your head in the direction of the girl. she was gorgeous. you looked at your abuela with i told you so eyes. she just smiled and said nothing.

yes, you still had feelings for esteban but you were happy he had moved on and you honestly were not about to get in the middle of their relationship. the girl came down and greeted y'all introducing herself. she held onto esteban by the arm and asked who we were. esteban looked at me then at her. "solo es una amiga.esta lloviendo fuerte afuera y por eso están aquí." you smile and nod quickly.

he avoided eye contact with you and his gaze kept looking down until he stopped. "amor le prestas una camiseta a mi amiga?" she nods and quickly goes back upstairs. you sat patiently waiting for her to come back. she comes back with a black shirt. we chat for a while until we hear the storm outside get louder.

"párese que será un rato hasta que nos puédanos ir a casa." his girlfriend agrees with abuela. i fiddle with my fingers hearing as the storm gets louder. we hear thunder getting closer until we hear a ground shaking sound and the lights go out. we look around the room dark. "buscaré unas velas."i nod. "te ayudaré." i follow him and look for the candles.

we looked around in the dark kitchen where the only light was from the flash of our phones. i sat down on a chair. "esteban que escondiste todas las velas o que?" i sigh and he takes a seat next to me. "no se pensé que teñíamos velas aquí pero creo que no." we sat in silence as my phone flashed in the middle of the two of us. i could see the shadow of his lashes on his eyes. his eyes stared into mine making my heart race.

the tension in the air could be seen from a mile away. through the darkness you could still see the perfect outline of his face. he gets closer and kisses me softly. our lips melt together my eyes closing missing this feeling after so long.

we hear a gasp and turn to see where it came from. there she stood with a lit candle in hand. he looks at her. her eyes glossy from the tears. i quickly shove him off of me. i turn to her and try to explain that it was a mistake. he looked at me hurt. i stood up quickly and left to the living room.

"abue háblale a mi primo, kevin, para que venga por nosotros por favor." she noticed my tone of voice and didn't ask twice before calling my cousin.

they came downstairs in a hurry. she turned to me quickly. her mascara running down her eyes. i felt every ounce of pity in my body. i looked at her and apologized repeatedly. she looked at me and then at esteban. "lo sabia." she muttered under her breath. she came towards me. i closed my eyes expecting anything an everything she had ready a slap, a hair pull, even a punch. anything to rid me of this guilt. i knew we were in the wrong. she did nothing to deserve this. she did nothing.

we sat in silence the only thing heard was the storm happening outside. i fidgeted with my fingers while my lips were pursed. i looked up and saw esteban staring at me. i looked away quickly. my heart started beating faster. we had to solve this at some point. my abuela placed her hand over mine and gave me a reassuring look. she smiled and nodded her head softly. i took a deep breath.

"en verdad no quise hacerle nada a su relación. perdónanos en verdad que no estábamos pensando cuando sucedió." she stood up quickly. "esteban nunca me enseñó el amor. eh visto fotos tuyas escondidas ya sabia que con tiempo regresarías con el. pero pensé que anquee solo fueran unos meses lo tendría para mi sola. pero veo que eso nunca será posible." she gave me a smile even with tears covering her face. "les deseó lo mejor en verdad." i look at esteban. i don't know what to feel. i don't know if i should be happy for us or sad for her.

i notice the storm calming down. my abuela turns to me. "mija llegó tu primo." i nod quickly and turn to esteban and her. "lo siento en verdad no pensé que algo así pasaría." esteban tells us he would walk us out. we go outside the droplets of water reminding us of the storm. esteban grabs my hand. "yo si estaba pensando cuando te bese. es verdad nunca deje de pensar en ti. me das otra oportunidad? por favor." i swallowed the lump in my throat. "con tiempo esteban. tienes que ver que ella este bien." he nods looking down sadly. my hand lifts his face to look at me. "pero yo nunca te he dejado de amar." he smiles. i kiss his cheek softly and make my way towards my cousin's car where him and my abue were being chismosos.

i got in and without a fail my abuela spoke. "te dije que todo saldría bien mijita." i look down at my fingers. "abuela para la próxima vez si tienes algo que vas a hacer dime por favor." she laughs and i throw my head back into the seat and close my eyes.

well i just destroyed his relationship. not my most proud moment but i got my lover back as if that makes it better. in a way it does but i feel bad for her. i hope she gets real love. like us.

sorry y'all. i know i haven't updated in a while i was busy with work and now college. so i do apologize. i hope to update slowly. i hope y'all keep supporting this book. love y'all!!!