navida| luis chavez

you pov

"amor apúrate que ya vamos tarde!" i grab three more presents from under the tree and take them to the car while waiting for luis to come downstairs to help me. i open the trunk and push them to the very back. i make my way inside and see luis holding some presents.

"amor que tanto hacías tardaste mas que yo. la comadre me llamo por que dice que ya están llegando todos." he just rushes by me and kisses my lips to shut me up on his way out. i get the last few presents and put them in the car. luis goes back inside for the rice and flan that i had made. i start the car and sit in the passenger side waiting for him. he opens my door and gives me the flan and makes another trip for the rice.

he finally comes back and sets it in the backseat. we make our way to jorge and linda's house.

"amor si están todos los regalos? no se nos olvide el de memo como el año pasado." i try and recall if i brought all of them. we don't want a fiasco like last year.

we arrive to their home. not even two seconds into us parking inside their property they all came out to help us. we open the trunk so that they can take the presents. i hold the flan and take it with me.

"este es para mi verdad?" kevin shakes a gift and i get onto him. he pouts and takes it inside. these guys are like kids sometimes. i go inside and make my way to the kitchen. i greet everyone in the kitchen. "feliz navidad y buenas noches a todos. llegamos tarde pero si llegamos." they all laugh and make small talk. i see linda come to me. "hola comadre traje un flan. que se cuanto le gusta a mi ahijado. donde esta mi gordita preciosa?" i see jorge carrying her. i set the flan down and take her from him. "feliz navidad comadre y el compadre?" i tell him he was outside with the rest of the group and he nods making his way out.

i play with maly and dance around with her. luis comes back in and gives me a kiss and kisses maly in the cheek. he makes faces at her. "como esta la princesa mas hermosa." he talks to her with a baby voice making her laugh.

"yo creo que esos dos están listos para un bebe." i heard memo yell and everyone was agreeing. i look at luis he turns to memo. "aver si para el año que viene. si dios quiere." i smile softly and nod. in reality we've been trying to get pregnant for more than half of the year. we've been struggling since i had a miscarriage earlier in the year.

thankfully i realized i was two months along a few weeks ago currently the only people that knew where my comadre and compadre. jorge only found out because he eavesdropped when i told linda. thankfully he didn't tell anyone. i was hoping on telling luis today in front of all of our family.

we sat down to eat. it was a mess. everyone talked over everyone. the whole house was loud. linda had set up a table for the kids in a corner and they were all over the place.

andres stood up and yelled. after it got quiet he started speaking. "como el papa de todos estos niños. quiero decir que estoy muy orgulloso de todos ustedes. este viejito siempre los va a apoyar. levanten sus copas vamos a brindar." i look at linda my eyes a little wide but she winks at me and passes me apple cider. i love my comadre. i pour myself some. soon after jorge stands up. "gracias a nuestro viejito que lo queremos tanto. no te creas ni viejito estas." we all laugh. "bueno de parte mía y de mi lupe les quiero decir gracias a todos por venir. siempre se disfruta estar todos juntos por que somos una familia. el año que viene les tocará a mis compadres en su casa. por ahora vamos a poner el ambiente primero a comer y luego a jugar cabrones." we raise our glasses and celebrate the lovely occasion.

after dinner we all sit around the tree. "yo digo que de mas grande al mas chiquito." everyone laughs and shakes their head at memo. while andres agrees with his compadre. in the end we went youngest to oldest. 

the kids played with their gifts and paid no mind to the adult after they got their toys.

when it get to the adults diegito starts it off. we all give our gifts to him. as he unwraps they all chant. "me queda a mi!" or "pa que se bañe!" he opens his gifts and we continue.

when it gets to luis i decide to wait. everyone hands him his presents and he unwraps them. i look at my compadres and they smile at me. after the last one i stand up. i go to the tree and find the medium sized box. i pick it up and carry it to him. "este es de parte mia amor." he thanks me and gives me a kiss. everyone stares as he opens the present. he unwraps it and carefully opens the box.

"hola papa..." he looks at me confused as he looks at the small shirt. he looks in the box and sees the positive pregnancy test. his eyes go wide. he sets the box aside and stands up to hug me. everyone cheers for us. i feel him in the crook of my neck. i heard soft cries coming from him and i couldn't help but cry with him. he pulls aways and wraps his hand behind my waist. "cuantas semanas tienes?" before i can answer he kisses me softly. when i pull away i wipe away his tears and caress his cheek. "tengo trece semanas. esta como del tamaño de un limón." he laughs and says "mi limóncito." they all cheer and i hear edson yell "pinche luis lloron!" luis just laughs and gives me another kiss. he leans down and kisses my tummy too.

"yo picho ser el padrino!" i heard arteaga yell. kevin and andres fight with him over it until jorge stops them. "no cual yo voy hacer el padrino." i laugh and shake my head at them.

we finished with the gifts and my compadre brought out a microphone. "vamos a ver quien canta mejor! todos tienen que cantar una canción. el que no canta es culo."

the songs were all over the place. it went from bad bunny, to vicente fernandez, to jenni rivera, carin leon, grupo firme, the bichota, and now alexis was singing his go to jgl.

for the rest of the night as everyone got drunk and sang. luis stayed by my side. we ended up taking care of everyone else.

feliz navidad todos!!! ya se que muchos festejaron ayer pero feliz navidad de todos modos. espero y les guste esta parte. i love y'all so much and thank y'all for all the support on this book. i really did not think this many people would like my stupid stories. i'm grateful for each and everyone of y'all. i hope y'all had a very happy christmas!